Fantastic opportunity for a Verification and Validation Lab Technician !
Our Chicago-based client is seeking a Specialist Technician for the electronic controls Verification and Validation team at our Benton Harbor, MI headquarters.
The incumbent will possess a background in Electronics and test fixture development.
Please submit your resume with the link to your LinkedIn Profile.
Your responsibilities will include
- Maintain and establish control specifications for lab test requirements and numerous tests
- Assist with various test labs such as Environmental lab, EMI/EMC Electromagnetic Interference/ Compatibility (EMI / EMC) Lab and Codes Lab
- Maintain test controls used on the Appliance controller and Human Machine Interfaces.
- Perform EMC/EMI/ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) test procedures on products and components with direct supervision
- Understands controls schematics and is able to interpret the standard to derive the values of the Loads to simulate the control loading
- Assemble Set-up wiring arrangements and remove components using soldering / desoldering methods
- Work with Design engineers to find solutions to EMC / Environmental problems.
- Record and compile data, write test reports and communicate results
- Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities. Construct basic test fixtures, as required.
- Test appliance controls and HMIs (Human Machine Interfaces) and other products for different aspects prototype evaluation, engineering development, etc.
- Construct basic test fixtures & load stands as required. This will involve:
- Assisting in the design of aluminum (80/20) or steel frames fixtures.
- Building load stands for attaching large appliance loads to, i.e. motors, heating elements, etc., and setting up inside or outside an environmental chamber
- Build test harnesses to connect controls to load stands
- Setup a data acquisition controller system to monitor and regulate power to controls
- Perform environmental test procedures and/or maintain test products and components on a daily basis with direct supervision. Troubleshoot test failures
- Perform vibration analysis of electronic controls in an appliance
- Associates Degree in Engineering
- 2+ years of hardware testing experience
- 2+ years of test fixture development experience
Preferred skills and experiences
- Maintain test equipment and lab: Environmental chambers, shakers, vibration FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) analyzers, and IR (InfraRed) thermal Camera.
- Experience with electronic assembly quality inspection, i.e. IPC-A-610 ( Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits )
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical mechanisms.
- Strong communication skills and establish new ideas.
- A team player and able to work in a cross-functional collaborative environment to meet numerous Code and Compliance goals
- Understanding of Electronics Hardware, software and systems
- Experience with oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Network Analyzers/ Spectrum Analyzers and High Frequency Testing
- Maintain, run and tune test scripts
Peterson Technology Partners (PTP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workforce.
About the Company:
Peterson Technology Partners (PTP) has been Chicago's premier Information Technology (IT) staffing, consulting, and recruiting firm for over 23+ years. Named after Chicago's historic Peterson Avenue, PTP has built its reputation by developing lasting relationships, leading digital transformation, and inspiring technical innovation throughout Chicagoland.
Based in Park Ridge, IL, PTP's 250+ employees have a narrow focus on a single market (Chicago) and expertise in 4 innovative technical areas;
· Artificial Intelligence
· Data Science
· Cloud & DevOps
PTP exists to ensure that all of our partners (clients and candidates alike) make the best hiring and career decisions.