Vertica Services, Technical Project ManagerJob Description:Job SummaryVertica Professional Services, Technical Project Manager
Are you ready to take your career to the next level and help lead customer and Vertica Professional Services project teams? Help a wide array of Fortune 100 through rapidly growing start-ups realize incredible value from Vertica Enterprise, Vertica Eon and soon our 'as a service' Vertica Eon Accelerator.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Technical Project Manager to oversee a wide variety of Vertica projects from conceptual design through implementation. The Vertica Professional Service team partners with our customers to accelerate their use cases, augment their staff and build forward looking plans, architectures, and data strategies. You will have the chance to network with clients, vendors, and in-house personnel as well as form a team of experts for each project to maximize resources and efficiency.Job Responsibilities
Job Skills & QualificationsRequired:
- Manage Vertica Professional Service (PS) projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Engage in or manage daily, weekly and, regular project team/Vertica PS meetings in a variety of Agile and waterfall project/SDLC patterns.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Manage team time and team financials against budgets and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Vendor or consultancy experience as a technical project manager or technical delivery team member.
- Proven leadership experience and strong teaming abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Minimum (3) three years of Project Management experience in the IT field, including Development work and interactions with customers
- One or more Project Management Certifications such as SCM, PMI-ACP, PMI-PMP or, PMP-CPAM, etc.
- Experience in Data Management projects.
- Hands-on experience with Databases, Data Science and/or Advanced Analytics
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride!
ServicesMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status