**This position has the ability to be based in multiple locations, including Baltimore, MD, Alpharetta, GA, and Sandy, UT.
The Fraud Operations Vice President is responsible for the creation and management of fraud strategies to mitigate for fraud risks/account take over, identity theft and first party fraud, both on the online and offline channels. Identify process and product improvement opportunities, identify trends and emerging threats and their impact to fraud losses and lead the development of fraud controls while balancing customer experience.
- Monitor and report on control performance and fraud events to Fraud Management and provide solutions to any opportunities identified.
- Evaluate existing models and vendor tools performance and provide recommendations to enhance detection and explore new solutions as applicable.
- Conduct ongoing root cause analysis of fraud events and propose potential solutions.
- Lead creation and enhancement of controls using different analytical techniques.
- Collaborate with Customer Service, Product, Technology and other internal stakeholders to discuss, devise and implement fraud strategies.
- Work closely with Model Risk Management (MRM) on the evaluation of fraud controls to ensure compliance with MRM standards and requirements.
- Work closely with Risk and Compliance partners to ensure that different risks are mitigated and ensure compliance as well to different policies and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that internal processes and procedures are up to date and followed.
- 2+ years of experience in Fraud.
- 5+ years of experience in the Financial Industry.
- Analytical, quantitative mindset with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of fraud - fraud trends, emerging threats and industry trends.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools - PowerPoint and Excel (advanced).
- Must be dynamic and a self-starter, able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience/familiarity with advanced data analytics and visualization tools (Tableau, SQL, BI).
- Experience working with Data Science teams or familiarity with Data Science.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, TRAINING:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in an area relevant to this position.
Excellent benefits package, including bonus.