CTDI is a large scale logistics repair and engineering company that services the country's largest telecommunications and cable providers. CTDI has over 7,000 FT US Employees in over 50 world class US Operations. CTDI also has a global footprint with more than 14,000 employees worldwide.
The Vice President Engineering, Server/Computer Repair Services is a key member of the CTDI Leadership Team and will be based at CTDI Headquarters in West Chester PA. This individual will lead a team in developing and implementing technical innovation in server and computer technology repair, focusing on our large customer needs and the emerging server computer platforms. This includes interfacing with the customer and developing test and repair capabilities for chassis based and rack mountable servers/computers as well as storage platforms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Align with CTDI customers and CTDI operations on the server technology repair strategy and roadmap to coordinate service levels, tester development, implementation, training, and support efforts for CTDI's global repair business.
- Effectively communicate problems, issues, risks, solutions to appropriate stakeholders and leadership.
- Provides technical leadership as required to drive technical solutions for server/computer repair that meet or exceed industry standards. Stay knowledgeable of competition and important emerging technologies and standards
- Establish a culture of innovation and continuous improvement, always challenging the engineering team to find new ways to improve the customer experience and drive improved business performance
- Act as a strategic liaison between customers, executives, business leadership, and other stakeholders, and develop executive-level presentations.
- Team with Divisional and Corporate teams to maximize the overall customer experience across multiple divisions/customers
- Develop and execute the server/computer repair roadmap, including Tester strategies and repair enhancements to increase value and revenue.
- Bring new technologies that help execute on the engineering roadmap as well as reduce manual employee intervention
- Develop process and development improvement strategies through coordination with customers, operations, and engineering teams
Essential Skills and Experience:
- MS in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering, or other relevant technical discipline
- Experience with chassis based servers and high speed communications mechanisms
- 10-15 years of engineering/technical management experience
- Proven leader of large field organization, able to set direction and culture, work collaboratively, and communicate down to the front line
- Comfortable leading through change and establishing a culture of continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to deliver consistent results in high volume environment