This position is a senior leader who must possess a deep technical understanding of our products and in key circumstances be capable of representing the company and explaining our products capabilities to executive leadership in key programs. This individual must truly understand, embrace and deliver on our company s core values of quality products, outstanding customer service and teamwork. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of developing an engineering organization that develops innovative products with very high quality. As the VP of Hardware Engineering, you will work closely with other department heads, especially the VP of Sales.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: This role is responsible for the oversight and management of three key areas: Hardware Design, Network Engineering, and Manufacturing. In this position you will mentor, manage, and lead across multiple levels. This will include individually contributing engineers, Managers and Directors.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED:
Ability to direct/work with/motivate a highly technical staff, achieving outstanding performance Ability to communicate (verbal and written) technical concepts and capabilities to both technical and non-technical audiences. This position requires balancing multiple priorities, which sometimes change, in a manner which best meets company goals and our customers needs, while maintaining consistent task direction to the organizations staff so they can be effective in execution. Executive Leadership Established track record of leadership of a technical organization. Leadership style must be the embodiment of our core values of quality products, outstanding customer service, and teamwork.
- 5+ years experience in a VP level position with demonstrated track record of success.
- 15+ years experience in a product design organization of a technology company with increasing responsibility.
- Technical degree is required.
- This position requires strong technical skills
- Strong experience and knowledge of electrical design fundamentals from Schematic to Board Fabrication. Technologies include: High Speed Signal Transmission, Board Level Power System (5W 50W), Microprocessor Based Systems, PoE, Networking Components, Multi-layer boards (14 layer), Blind and Buried Via, BGA s, and LGA s. Our electrical design tool is Altium.
- Strong experience and knowledge of mechanical design fundamentals for an environmentally rugged environment. Technologies include: Conductive and Convective Heat Transfer, Machined Metal Parts (Moderate Tolerance), Custom Cable design and fabrication, Sheet Metal Parts and Fabrication, Powder Coat, Anodize, Design for Shock and Vibration, Fabrication Drawing Generation, BOM Generation, and Familiarity with Moderate Volume Fabrication Techniques (100 s to low 1000 s of units). Our mechanical design tool is Solid Works.
- Strong expertise and experience in a moderate volume, final assembly, manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of servers and embedded processor-based systems. These technologies are more as an integrator than a chip-up designer.
- Knowledge of Networking Hardware, Network Topologies, and Virtualization Strategies.