Our client was named one of the fastest-growing technology companies in CT from 2015 to 2017 by the CT Technology Council.
VP, Product Management
Location: Can be either New Haven, CT OR Boston, MA
Salary: $150-$200k++ base (DOE) base plus bonus/equity and benefits
Small company experience is a requirement for the role..
The VP, Product Management will be responsible for defining how the company’s software product portfolio will meet the needs of customers and prospects. You will build solutions based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
We are looking for someone who possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer challenges and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You will be expected to be a thought leader for the solutions you develop, both internally at the company and externally.
- Evaluate customers’ existing systems as well as competitor’s alternative systems
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to create the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance or other technical needs
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development teams.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction, create new opportunities, and deepen customer relationships.
- Manage customer expectations effectively while maintaining respect and a positive relationship with the customer.
- Research, design and manage product roadmap initiatives, including functionality, third party integrations and customer issues
- Analyze market trends and competitor activity to develop an intimate knowledge of the customer base while contributing to product development artifact.
- Track and maintain performance metrics for new product launches.
- Work with Marketing to maintain and provide content for product related collateral and sales tools.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
Experience as a product manager for an IT infrastructure software product. Cloud infrastructure software preferred.
- Small company experience ( a MUST). Cannot just have experince working for mid size/large size companies.
- Strong analytical and product management skills, including an understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Understanding of data models and data relationships.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and work well with both customers and software development resources.
- General knowledge of major IT data center operations, applications, work flows, architectures and trends.
- Demonstrated sound technical and business knowledge and judgment.
- Ability to interact with customer executives, senior management, managers, architects, developers, quality assurance engineers, subject matter experts, and other software team members.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment; conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Experience facilitating meetings and leading presentations.
- Good understanding of essential components of software architecture and design
- Solid understanding of all aspects of the software application development lifecycle and release process
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to write clear, concise internal product specifications, external communications and training materials
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
TO APPLY: Please email resume to Lisa@taskmanagement.com