Mountain America Credit Union is one of the foremost financial institutions in the country, with more than 95 branches located in 5 states (Utah, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, and Arizona). Our purpose is to help members enjoy a good life by providing them a positive incentive to save and manage their finances. When making decisions, we always put members' needs first. It's just the way we do business and a part of the "people helping people" philosophy of credit unions. We believe that a healthy balance between work, home life, and play is essential to our employees and our success. We offer a friendly, comfortable and inclusive work environment, fun employee activities and exciting charity events to ensure that no day is dull at Mountain America.
The Vice President of Information Technology (VP of IT) reports to the Chief Information Officer and is responsible for our entire enterprise infrastructure architecture, engineering, operations, and service delivery. This position is vital to ensuring Mountain America s technology is secure and scalable. A passion for delivering exceptional member and employee experiences through technology is a must. Working with the CIO, leaders in and out of IT, and direct reports, the VP of IT creates and maintains an IT strategic plan to support Mountain America' CU'sU s strategic business objectives and is responsible for appropriate resource planning and initiative prioritization. Maintaining high levels of service and engagement across all areas of IT is a primary focus of the VP of IT. This position partners with the CIO to help ensure the development and management of a recurring set of spending plans for technology and people. The VP of Information Technology is a key change agent and fosters an agile and entrepreneurial approach that is supportive of the Credit Union s mission and values. This position will be based out of our Corporate office in Sandy, UT
To be effective, an individual must be able to perform each job duty successfully. Full list of job duties is available upon request.
- Collaborate with direct reports and CIO to develop and oversee the implementation of long and short-term strategic operational plans for IT supporting the organizations' strategic priorities and business needs.
- Translate company strategic plans into IT operational plans which drive IT road maps to support our expanding business needs. Such road maps include team organizational structure, staffing levels, skills, and technology.
- Fosters innovation, communicates and solicits ideas for road maps, recommends enhancements, implements best practices, and closely monitors technology trends in and outside of the financial industry.
- Defines and communicates cloud computing strategies.
- Serves as trusted advisor to other executives and leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs and ensure cost-effective delivery of technology services to meet those needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Eight years experience in design/engineering, operations/administration and/or software development.
- Five years of IT management experience working with leaders and large teams.
- Experience in large-scale environments is preferred
Bachelor s degree in computer science, information technology, business or related field preferred.
Bachelor s degree will need to be obtained from an accredited institution as per the time frame determined by the CIO.
Has managerial responsibility for one or more major segments of the organization or a division, with responsibility for working closely with top management to establish broad plans that contribute to development and implementation of policies that affect several functional areas.
Computer/Office Equipment Skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Teams.
- Extensive experience in LAN/WAN networking, virtualization, on premise and hosted data center operations, customer support management, network and data security, voice/data communication, Cloud based applications, and PC/endpoint technologies required.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly express ideas, methodology, results and recommendations verbally, in writing and through insightful reports and graphic illustrations
- Demonstrated ability to document outcomes and present information in a manner appropriate for key stakeholders and all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal clients. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
- Demonstrated ability to mesh well with the existing management team by being a good listener, a team builder and an articulate advocate of the credit union's IT vision as well as a champion within IT for efforts lead by other teams.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to bring the benefits of IT to solve business issues while also managing costs and risk.
- Strong negotiation skills are required to ensure member value.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, initiate and manage multiple projects, including large-scale projects at a time and meet project deadlines.
- Skilled at identifying and evaluating new technological developments and gauging their appropriateness for the business.
- Strong organizational skills and a drive to solve complex issues methodically using data.
- Ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget.
- Must have in-depth understanding of and ability to interpret regulations applicable to the job function.
- Adaptive to change, responds positively to altered circumstances or conditions
- Excellent inter-personal skills including the ability to lead and collaborate with ad-hoc teams
- Mountain America Credit Union is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer
Mountain America Credit Union is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.