Seeking a Vice President of Engineering for a tech incubator company to lead the technical development efforts for the company's initial products.
• Lead the technical development efforts for the company's initial products including providing technical guidance to 3rd-party product development company's contracted to support the development of initial products.
• Work with designers to identify the key product requirements and trace those into the product design.
• Help manage the product development process from concept to prototypes to commercial products.
• Be instrumental in driving the company strategy with respect to product & device innovation, including investigating and evangelizing new, innovative sources of product advancements.
• Collaborate with designers to develop optimal solutions to meet end-user feature goals at target cost and product quality.
• Track and report the status of all product development programs to executive team.
• Lead the recruiting efforts for any internal mechanical/electrical engineers, and provide technical leadership and mentorship to the engineering team.
• Identify the potential risks, perform qualitative and quantitative analysis, and implement the appropriate response strategies.
• MS or PhD Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of work experience specializing in mechatronics engineering or robotics.
• Experience with designing and coding embedded control systems for robotics.
• Experience designing products for large-scale manufacturability.
• Strong skills in proof of concept development including proficiency with FEA modeling and CAD systems.
• Developed, evaluated, and optimized control algorithms related to the production of advanced robotic products.
• Strong technical writing and communication skills, including the ability to present results based on strong statistical evidence to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities.
• Experience developing Class 1 or 2 FDA-regulated medical devices including the associated device testing programs.
• A problem solver who has a focus for finding solutions regardless of obstacles and challenges.
• Develop proof of concept to ensure function, form & manufacturability.
• Clear communication: able to listen and articulate complex ideas to non-technical people.
• Organized and efficient. Internally driven to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
If you think you are a good fit for this position, please don’t hesitate to apply now!
PeopleWare Staffing, Inc. is dedicated to placing quality individuals into contract and full-time positions. There is no fee charged to our candidates or contractors. Our philosophy is to keep everyone's best interest at heart and make sure there is a good match on skills and personal interests. For more information please visit our website: www.PeopleWareStaffing.com
- We are unable to sponsor H1-B visas at this time.
- No third party candidates will be considered for this position.
- US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.