The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
will development and monitor (i) business line financial forecasts, (ii) business line profitability analysis, key operating metric tracking, analysis, interpretation and reporting, (iii) loan product profitability analysis and dashboard reports, (iv) competitor analysis, and (v) provide decision support in connection with proposed pricing modifications, mergers, acquisitions, and/or strategic alliances. The Director FP&A will develop and provide key metrics and insight to executive leadership that allow for informed decision-making on strategic planning and decision making regarding the creation of the management priorities.
The Director FP&A will report to the SVP of Business Planning and Corporate Intelligence with a dotted line to the President of Sales and is expected to collaborate closely with the Sales and Corporate Development leadership team in providing vital Business Planning and Corporate Intelligence insights.Key competencies required for the position:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deep Financial Planning & Analysis Capabilities : significant FP&A experience, including the ability to develop and maintain a comprehensive financial projection model.
- Advanced Financial Modeling Capabilities : Advanced financial modeling skills, including extensive use of macros, pivot tables, SQL, and other contemporary modeling techniques.
- Financial Services Industry/Consumer Loan Products Familiarity : Prior Financial Services Industry experience; Consumer Loan Products understanding/experience preferred.
- Problem Solving & Analytical Orientation : Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills that are used to track, analyze, interpret and report key historical and projected operating metrics, trends, and financial results. Able to take "deep dive" into the details of the business while staying focused on the big picture. Takes a systematic, structured view of situations, deconstructing them into their fundamental elements. Insists on proof in data, peeling back layers to understand root causes, and uses data to anticipate/project emerging issues, drive innovation and support business decision-making.
- Results Oriented : Results oriented, including the capacity to both think strategically and execute tactically, embodying a blend of technical, creative, business and communications skills.
- Effective Communication and Decision Making : Highly articulate and able to convey important messages in a clear and compelling manner. Makes timely decisions when a quick response is required, and a number of possible alternatives are available. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Conducts competitor analysis in support of proposed new product line and/or industry vertical entry, mergers, acquisitions, and/or strategic alliances.
- Leverages available and newly developed systems data to create management and P&L reporting for assigned business lines or units.
- Creates and maintains management reports for monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis
containing profitability analysis, segment metrics, and capital utilization analysis.
- Presents financial and operational results to senior management on a regular and ad-hoc basis, including trends and competitive analysis giving full insight into the Company's P&L.
- Provides key metrics to senior management that allow for informed decision-making on strategic planning and decision making regarding the creation of management priorities.
- Performs various other special projects as assigned
- 7-10 years of FP&A, consulting, auditing and or consumer credit management experience
- The successful candidate must be able to roll up his/her sleeves and comfortably execute at a hands-on tactical level
- Prior experience working with a sales organization including sales compensation modelling and merchant/customer profitability
- Knowledge of contemporary database, financial modelling, and business intelligence (BI)software modules (ie Microstrategy) required
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, math or a related business field required, graduate degree preferred
- Financial Services industry experience working with (or consulting for) a credit granting financial institution (e.g. in consumer banking, credit cards, and/or consumer finance) preferred. Advanced financial modelling skills required
- CPA or CFA preferred
GreenSky is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.