Required Skills / Qualifications:
The Senior Video Network Engineer will be hands-on while working on the next-generation live video streaming, video-teleconferencing, and unified communications applications. Working with cutting-edge technologies, collaborating with back-end engineers, and prototyping proof of concepts, that will solve complex UI challenges in innovative ways. The candidate will provide architecture and automation enhancement, and best practices regarding next-generation live video streaming application, video teleconference, and unified communications including integration into Microsoft & Cisco collaboration products.
• Conduct decision analysis to provide customer with best industry solution recommendations for unified communications and video solutions.
• Responsible for video system (multicasting, VTC) design/integration support, as well as, conducting complex installations. Responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet customers’ business needs.
• Provide oversight, management, operational and maintenance actions required to provide support for Tier IV (vendor and manufacturer) actions until faults are resolved.
• Experience supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems; available for tier 3 and new deployments.
• Understanding of how to build applications backed by a REST-full API.
• Solid understanding of both object oriented and functional programming paradigms
• Experience working in and understanding of Agile product development methodologies
• Collaborate with other IT staff, including networking, security, and data center operation teams, to facilitate effective issue resolution.
• Experience with MediaPlatform in an enterprise environment, where MediaPlatform is a leading enterprise YouTube enabling large-scale live streaming and on-demand video for executive messaging and e-learning.
• Experience with VBrick – an enterprise video platform, providing intelligently distributed live webcasting and on demand video in a video CMS portal.
• Experience with Cisco VideoTeleonferencing Systems/ Telepresence Management Suite
• Must have excellent organizational and project management skills
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills