Please note that this is a 6 months contract position.
Location: Fully remote – will consider candidates based in US. Selected candidates need to travel 50% (may vary) of the time and work remotely 50%
Client will compensate for travel and hotel arrangements.
Time zone: flexible
Vaccination:– highly desirable, due to travel requirements or based on customer
- Networked computer systems: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, Multicast, Routing, Switching, Network Administration.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and identify system-level issues.
- Strong networking background.
- Has initiative to learn, self sufficient.
Nice to have: (not required)
- Digital video routing, grooming, and transmission, telco and broadcaster applications desirable.
- Broadcast video.
We are seeking an individual to install, upgrade, maintain, and troubleshoot compression systems at critical broadcast customer facilities. This position deals with complex networked video systems residing on customer wide area networks. In this role, you will work with a variety of technologies including Digital TV, Satellite RF broadcast, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, HEVC, HDMI, and Ethernet. The candidate will need to travel about 60%-70% of the time as well as be qualified to access systems remotely for maintenance and troubleshooting issues. At times, back-to-back travel weeks will be necessary. International and domestic travel required. The candidate must be able to grasp digital Video Compression systems.
Once trained, they will travel to locations for installing and upgrading Modular Systems and taking assignments for remote configurations. Working with Project Management and the Support Team, you will be responsible for the development of site plans related to installation and upgrades of Digital Video Solutions for Cable Television and Telecommunication Providers.
Education & Experience:
• Degree/Certificate in Computer Science/Information Management Systems / Telecommunications / Engineering or any other technical field or equivalent work experience
• Min. 3+ years’ experience with networked computer systems, video a plus.
• Travel-ready, 60-70%.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and identify system-level issues.
• Hands-on technical experience with computers and networking
• Work experience in satellite distribution, digital cable, telecommunications, video systems, MPEG encoding
• Network routing, digital video routing, grooming, and transmission, telco and broadcaster applications desirable.
• Experience with Linux, OpenVMS, Unix, SQL, Juniper JNCIA or Cisco CCNA certification would be an advantage
• Experience in network engineering, particularly TCP/IP, UDP/IP, Multicast, Routing, Switching, Network Administration and Troubleshooting
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A1390.