Job Title: UX Designer
We are looking for an exceptionally talented user experience designer and Minecraft fan to help shape the future of a game loved by millions. If you love Minecraft, know its detailed systems inside and out, and are versed in a wide variety of different game types, platforms, and input methods, this job may be for you.Responsibilities
- Convert goals and requirements into viable shippable solutions which follow and complement our UX strategy and design principles, through appropriate UX design methodologies, such as wireframes, user flows, and prototyping.
- Deliver high fidelity and high-quality UI screens that align with the product's experience goals, usability and accessibility standards.
- Present cohesive design approaches to non-design audiences.
- Understand player needs and motivations and integrate them into UX design to contribute to user features and functionality.
- Work with the development team to maintain quality as they implement new features.
- Work with analytics, research, and user feedback to ensure that the customer's desires are being fulfilled.
An exceptional candidate will have one or more of the following:
- 3-5 years work related experience required.
- 2+ years UX design experience in console gaming with at least 1 development cycle in a design role on a shipped game.
- Strong visual design skills (i.e., composition, iconography, layout, typography, color theory).
- Excel at cross-functional communication and scoping designs to fit a schedule.
- Experience creating digital prototypes in Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, Origami, or Marvel (the candidate will be required to use Figma for this position).
- Previous working experience in cross-platform games and in-game marketplace design.
- Self-motivated and drive for excellence. Able to work by yourself and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the Minecraft franchise including differences between the PC, console, and mobile editions and the various modes of play available in each.
- Experience designing applications for a global and multilingual user base.
- Driving collaboration across multiple teams in different time zones.
- Knowledge of Unity or Unreal engine UI systems for prototyping purposes.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or