Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? Navstar is an award-winning organization that has a proven track record of successfully providing IT services and solutions both as a prime and sub-contractor on mission focused IT programs. Our employees are integral players in support of mission-critical programs focused on our National Security.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for the following job duties:
- Create video and multimedia solutions that enhance and support the Agency mission and strategy, to include full service video productions, video ‘casts’, assisted screen capture and web cam based productions, 3-D animation and audio production.
- Assist in development strategies for technology enhanced learning interventions and ability to identify potential alternatives for delivery of distance learning.
- Conduct integration and conversion of multimedia, video and web based training files.
- Create and convert hybrid and blended training solutions and performance support solutions.
- Perform Data Transfers to support hosting and managing all eLearning content.
- Learn new technologies on the job and implement as required per content and architecture requirements.
- Work within a dynamic, collaborative and fast paced agile environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in management, development, product management and marketing.
- Document design and technical procedures to ensure knowledge sharing.
- Support geospatial intelligence analysts with a full range of web/interactive media services.
- Provide customer service excellence by clearly and concisely communicating work status, methods, instructions, problems, requirements, options, and concerns with team members, managers, and customers.
- Participate in meetings with customers, team members, contractors, and others to exchange information, make decisions, and/or provide updates.
- Support the office and other branches in accomplishing the agency's overall mission, including expedite crisis work, special assignments, and ad hoc asking on variously scheduled arrangements.
- B.A., B.S., M.A., or M.S. in Instructional Technology, Educational Technology, Communications, Mass Media, or significant commensurate years of relevant experience producing video based solutions.
- Four years related experience in video production including at least two years supporting full-service video production studio that includes script writing, location setup and take-down, operating video equipment, and editing captured video.
- Strong organizational skills and comprehension of the required steps to effectively produce, capture, edit, and post video solutions.
- Knowledge and ability to operate and maintain required technology to support studios to include cameras, lighting, and sound capture devices.
- Experience creating video and multimedia solutions that enhance and support the mission and strategy of an organization, to include full service video productions, video ‘casts’, assisted screen capture and web cam based productions, 3-D animation and audio production
- Strong proficiency in video production software applications to include:
- Adobe Master Collection (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, Audition, Media Encoder)
- Adobe Captivate
- Final Cut Pro
- Experience capturing video using green screens and performing post-capture editing to deliver high-quality viewing experiences.
- Experience editing video to ensure seamless transitions, captioning, sound synchronization, and optimized file sizes for ease of viewing.
- Experience posting finished video on web-enabled delivery systems (KZO) or web sites.
- Ability to identify potential alternatives for delivery of distance learning.
- Understanding of Section 508 and applying practices to ensure videos are compliant with Agency and Act requirements.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and deliverables within budgetary and scheduling requirements against strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with proven ability to communicate with both potential and existing internal and external clients.
- To be considered for this position you must hold an active TS/SCI security clearance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religious beliefs, national origin, disability, U.S. veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.