U.S. Citizenship is required.
As a virtualization engineer, a viable candidate will possess a broad and well-rounded background with the ability to troubleshoot various issues. They will have a solid understanding of the entire OSI stack with specific experience with Operating Systems, Virtualization, Storage and Networking.
* Virtual Desktop Administration utilizing VMware Horizon View for a multi-tenant environment supporting up 30,000 endpoints across over 600 locations.
* Enterprise Cloud Management and Administration, deployment and configuration automation utilizing VMware vRA
* Management of Enterprise Virtual Systems and Networks utilizing VMware vROPS
* Virtualization Infrastructure Experience utilizing VMware vSphere
* Virtual Application packaging and remediation as well as Application installation, support, testing, and troubleshooting
* Windows Desktop Administration for Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
* Utilize PowerShell scripting for automation and workflow.
* Manage a large virtualization farm hosting multiple network management tools and applications.
* Providing direct technical support for the planning, design, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to server, storage, and virtualization systems and the range of products and productivity tools that support the testing and production of those systems.
* Ensuring stable performance for the server, storage, and virtualization environments through performance monitoring and tuning.
* Performing capacity planning, workload modelling, and prediction. Ensuring systems maintenance of storage and related systems.
* Troubleshooting, maintaining, upgrading, and providing solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
* Providing systems administration training to clients.
* Developing and delivering professional proposals, including design documentation.
* Ability to provide management and account team oral and written reports on the client needs, problems, interests, market situations, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
* Ability to integrate with VMware and Cisco Data Center technologies.
* Experience with vSphere, VMware virtual switching, vMotion, and HA.
* vRA, vROPS and the vRealize suite
* Ability to manage and coordinate projects.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.