The Virtualization Performance Engineer will evaluate and test different storage solutions that uses VMware, KVM and other Hypervisors. The candidate will work with engineering and product management teams closely to develop new testing methodology, do performance testing, develop technical documents and collaborate with the development team to ensure quality of the products.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Set up test environment and run performance benchmarking and evaluation of storage solutions that uses various hypervisors
Test and measure application and storage performance for potential bottlenecks and identify possible resolution
- Design and perform complex testing and evaluate features like Erasure Coding, Dedupe, Compression, migration etc.
- Create and document detailed test plans, methodologies, performance briefs, Implementation Guides and other technical documents that detail the configurations, test methodology results and Best Practices.
- Assist cross functional teams in troubleshooting and problem identification
- Develop automated test scripts
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 years of in-depth knowledge and hands on experience in VMware ESXi, vSphere, vSAN and other virtualization products like Hyper-V, KVM etc.
- 3 years of hands on experience in Software Defined Storage, Hyper Converged technologies and Solutions (VMware vSAN, Nutanix, Datera etc.)
- Familiarity with container technologies such as Docker, LXC/LXD, etc.
- Familiarity with container management and orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Rancher/K3s, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure deployment and automation tools such as Ansible, Vagrant, etc. is a huge plus
- Hands on experience to any one public cloud environment like AWS, Azure, GCP is a huge plus
- Experience with any one of the Hitachi/IBM/HP/EMC/NetApp storage products.
- Competent with at least one of the following scripting languages; Python, bash/ksh
- Intermediate Operating System skills - Linux & Windows
- Experience with performance analysis of storage solutions and how it relates to the hosts
- Excellent documentation skills in creating test procedures, workflows, diagrams and customer facing white papers
- Excellent internal and external customer skills.
- Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior leadership team
- A team player and fast technology adoption is a must
Email resume to: pradeep(at)gbcs-usa(dot)com. Contact # (732) 548-4000 with JOB # H4037_FStack_CO mentioned in the subject line of your email.