SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the National Guard Bureau (NGB) in Mesa, AZ.
The Visual Database Developer will:
Design, develop and test 3D synthetic environments, including visual terrain databases, cultural feature models, vehicle models, human models, and sensor effects models based on customer requirements and Subject Mater Expert (SME) input for ground and flight simulation. Utilize 3D, GIS and graphics software to create a realistic and high-fidelity 3D environment for simulation training devices. Develop database requirements and design documentation Qualifications
- 5-10+ years of professional experience
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and experience with the following:
- 3D design, modeling, and animation
- GIS, geography, maps, geospatial concepts, elevation data and aerial/satellite imagery
- LiDAR and/or Photogrammetric point cloud data collection and processing
- Imagery/photo manipulation and graphic processing
- BA or BS degree; Master's degree a plus
- Must have secret clearance
Additional Recommended Qualifications:
- Experience with the following software:
- Autodesk - 3DS Max / Motionbuilder
- Adobe Photoshop / Adobe Illustrator
- BSI MACE
- ESRI ArcGIS / CityEngine
- Global Mapper
- MetaVR VRSG / Scenario Editor / Terrain Tools
- Microsoft Office
- Presagis Creator
- Trimble Sketchup
- Agisoft Photoscan
- FME Data Integration Platform
- Experience with visual database/synthetic environment development
- Experience using the Microsoft Windows Operating System, including installing, configuring, networking and troubleshooting PC-based hardware and software
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages
- Possession of excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possession of organizational and time management skills
Target salary range: $85,001 - $95,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
My SAIC Benefits.