Visual Designer - New York
You are a visual designer who relishes in methodically applied color palettes and takes pride in your type ramp. When your work is done, the mobile apps and responsive websites you create not only look amazing, but act as a seamless extension of your client's brand voice and business strategy. You're a strong partner who collaborates well with cross-disciplinary teams, seeks feedback, and takes creative direction with grace and maturity. You're ready to take ownership of part of a project and contribute to defining the project vision. Whether time is on your side or the deadline is tight, you bring a keen eye and an insightful mind to the digital drawing board - making the smart, industry-advancing design decisions for which Digital Customer is known.
Work you'll do:
• Act as the lead or contributing designer on projects, presenting work across the design, UX, and development teams - with oversight from others on the Design team
• Create designs that are on brand for our clients and follow a project's creative vision and business strategy while putting the user first
• Collaborate with other groups like developers, engagement managers and UX designers to deliver high-quality creative for both internal and client-facing projects
• Provide constructive art direction alongside your fellow designers
• Work on projects of varying length and complexity
• Contribute to improvements in our creative process and capabilities
Our Digital Customer team focuses on designing and implementing sales and service experiences, capabilities, and architectures to bring customer strategies to life. Our ambition is to be the best in the world at driving customer transformation through the development of clever commercial strategies, distinctive experiences, and the application of digital technologies. We help make the "creative digital consultancy" real and in doing so, make new markets.
Professionals will serve our clients through the following types of work:
•Sales Excellence & Service Excellence | delivers sales and service strategies and plans, operating model definition, incentive design and implementation, and operations support for digitally-enabled sales, channel, and customer service capabilities
•Digital Experience | creates engaging omni-channel digital experiences across web, mobile, AR/VR, voice, gesture, IoT, and video
•Flexible Consumption | the commercial strategy, operating model definition, and capability delivery of subscription/flexible consumption business models
•Digital Foundry | a flexible, end-to-end delivery model emphasizing innovation and disruption
•DigitalMix | an integrated set of platforms to enable business re-platforming
• 3+ years of related design experience
• Ability to work in a variety of digital focused design applications like Sketch, Invision, and Illustrator
• Well-rounded knowledge of design principles and techniques
• Proficiency in producing "pixel perfect" design files
• Proficiency in web optimization principles and other production methods
• Ability to organize and self-direct to get things done
• Ability to take feedback and use it to improve your work
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in groups as needed
• A developed personal style, with the ability to scale and adapt as the project needs
• A consistent passion for learning and pursuing your craft
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
Bonus points for:
• Cross-platform web & mobile development experience (iOS, Android, etc.)
• Experience creating design systems for enterprise level experiences
• Experience creating icons and other custom illustrations for experiences
• Ability to use motion tools like Adobe After Effects, Principle for Mac, and Framer to communicate interaction design and motion
• Curiosity for emerging technology / design trends, tools and methods
• Curiosity and an eagerness learn from others
• Experience working in a consulting environment
• Participation in the wider design community and connections with creative organizations such as AIGA, Creative Mornings, etc.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.