Visual Information/Video Teleconferencing Lead collaborates with a multi-faceted team building unique solutions with a secure environment. The support requirements include visual information, multimedia network operations, operational maintenance, storage management, service desk, information assurance, engineering & installation, application maintenance, web services and communications support for the continued operations and future maintenance of the automated systems necessary to support the customer's missions.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: 100%.
- Provides support and services in the AV Engineering Team supporting a DoD organization with video teleconferencing services.
- Resolves system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolation.
- Repairs, replaces, or reprograms faulty equipment, as required.
- Schedules AV/VTC sessions, maintains a call schedule and coordinates reservations and scheduling of AV/VTC services with outside agencies for executive level users.
- Performs setups, tests, adjustments, operations, and shutdowns of equipment in support of AV/VTC sessions.
- Provides client consulting and training on control, interfaces, and use of the audio/visual and VTC equipment.
- Acts as equipment custodian and performs inventory asset management and accountability functions.
- Provides life cycle refresh projections for AV/VTC infrastructure and AV equipment build out projects.
- Conducts site surveys to establish AV/VTC Systems and equipment customer requirements.
- Provides on-site support primarily at main customer site location; provides occasional alternate or satellite site support and/or travel as needed.
- Responsible for evaluating, designing, documenting, installing, implementing, testing, maintaining, operating, removing and upgrading, and modifying video teleconferencing equipment systems.
- Responsible for the generation of and compliance with customer organization and contractual recurring daily, weekly, and monthly reporting requirements; nonrecurring and special reports; developing and implementing metrics capture processes and procedures, quality control and assurance
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
U.S. Government leased, owned, and rented vehicles.
Valid, current U.S. Passport
Valid, current U.S. Driver's License
- Work in an operationally-sensitive environment
- Operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copy machine and printer.
- Function in an office environment in a stationary position approximately 50 percent of the time or more.
- Work well in team environments including demonstrate the ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Develop and build relationships with the Client's counterparts within the parent organization as well as with external organizations facilitating the coordination of various software engineering and developer projects.
Walking and standing with AV /VTC, as well as general I.T. and computer equipment.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology related field or twelve to fifteen (12-15) years' relevant experience. Ten (10) years of AV/VTC Systems design and installation, including DoD and/or Intel experience.
CTS Certifications, CompTIA A , Network or Security .
Must have Valid U.S. Driver's and be able to obtain an International Driver's License
Must have a valid US Passport
Must have a current, adjudicated, and active TS-SCI w/Poly
- Five years plus (5 ) years' experience working in software engineering, applications development and/or web application development and deployment
- Working knowledge and experience configuring Tandberg/Cisco Codecs
- Understanding of basic networking must meet all DoD IAT Level III Certification requirements for administrative access for solution implementation.
- Must have demonstrated experience with the following activities:
- Analyze user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities;
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies;
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology;
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations;
- Develop system architecture and system design documentation;
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans;
- Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts;
- Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility;
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast-moving environment, adapt to changes in schedules, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- A working knowledge of system requirements analysis and solution design, to include systems engineering processes and standards. Experience with engineering documentation, including Engineering and Installation Plans, System Design Documents, and other technical documentation. Familiarity with IA controls and the Risk management Framework (RMF),
- KIV-7 encryptions keys for ISDN/IP classified connectivity.
- Knowledge and use of IEEE 802.3 Ethernet, TCP/IP, QoS, ISDN, Firewall Traversal, SIP, H.323, relevant video standards as well as DoD Video Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) processes, familiarity with and ability to comply with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) operational guidelines.
- Working knowledge of SIP, ISM, H232, H320, H460, TLS, RTP, SRTP, TCP/IP and UDP; content control protocols, video compression standards; packet analyzers; routing protocols and networking fundamentals; Tandberg, Polycom and Cisco video and voice technologies.
- Full working knowledge of commercial construction methods such as ceiling deck constructions, wall framing, structural engineering, electrical wiring and cable/fiber installation.
- Has the communication skills to effectively interface with military officials, managers, and subordinates. Understanding of Department of Defense (DOD) & DISA VTC requirements.
- Experience with DITSCAP/8500.2 IA controls.
SUPERVISORY/BUDGET RESPONSIBILITIES: None