Connections IT Services Managed Services Division is currently looking for Telecom Professionals with backgrounds and extensive experience as Voice Network Engineers, VOIP Engineers, Mobility Infrastructure Administrators, and Telecom Application Administrators with PCRF experience. These roles will work in a team to engage our client who is currently conducting a network upgrade and preparing for a shift to 5G. Our customer is the premier provider of Wireless, Home Internet & TV, Business Broadband, and Cloud Services for consumer and businesses in the nation. Ideal candidates should have expert technical abilities along with strong customer-facing skills to drive our customer's goals to enhance their customer-facing systems as well as internal system tools deployed by their IP Network Services
Ideal Telecom Professional for this role will have extensive hands-on experience in the following areas:
Position ID: cITs2909
Location: Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Alabama
Duration: 24 Mths (Conversion to Perm Highly Likely)
Title: VOIP Engineer
DAY to DAY RESPONSIBILITY:
- Providing operations support; maintenance of the application, capacity monitoring on existing servers, performance tuning, and writing scripts.
- Experience with virtualization, containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box) and Cloud.
- This position is responsible for identifying and documenting technical requirements for the systems deployed in C Spire networks based on product and/or system architecture requirements.
- This position is responsible for completing system detailed design and documentation including call flows, cost estimates for business case analysis, impact studies, traffic engineering/capacity analysis and operational support documentation.
- This position is responsible for conducting design reviews of assigned projects with engineering peer group to ensure requirements are complete and design goals are met
- This position is responsible for providing technical expertise in Tier 2 support for operations personnel in assigned areas of responsibility
- Preferred to have held a leadership position with oversight over multiple engineers while managing both technical content and project deliverables. Works without supervision and can clearly prioritize tasks while working on multiple projects.
Senior Engineer MUST possess system-level knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- LTE (EPC) packet data core
- Policy/charging and QoS enforcement in packet data networks.
- IMS networks and services including RCS or VoLTE
- Strong Knowledge on the testing process, test strategy, and test plans.
- Participate in creating application architecture document to provide deliverables in line with architectural requirements.
- TCP/IP networking (basic routing, analyzing network captures, etc.)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to ramp up on new products/vendor s products as and when they arrive in the network. Should be able to perform testing on new SBC solutions like cloud SBC, and new vendor products such as Metaswitch, Genband, Mavenir, etc.
- Experience working with Call flow in IMS, SIP and SS7 protocols
- Must have knowledge of 3GPP IMS core standards
- Must be expert in SIP Messaging, Signaling and components of IMS
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent knowledge.
- 3 years of industry experience with minimum 2 years of wireless telecom experience.
- Wireless service provider experience preferred.