Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience, or Master's degree and 3 years of experience. Candidates without a
degree must have at least 8 years related experience with telecommunication infrastructures such as any two or
more of the following technologies: ACD, IVR, IP-IVR, call routing, voice mail, MI, call reporting, and IP telephony
installations for products such as E-911
- Candidate must have Avaya Experince.
- Certification from manufacturer of equipment related to IP Telephony discipline such as Cisco Certified Networking
Associate in Collaboration (CCNA: Collaboration) or Cisco Certified Networking Professional in Collaboration
(CCNP: Collaboration) or Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS) or Microsoft MCSE: Productivity or
CTP: Certification Partners Convergence Technologies Professional or SIP School VVoIP Professional (SSVVP).
- Must have ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
Please Note: Client is looking for candidates local to Windsor Mill, MD
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Prior experience supporting the similar government agencies a plus
- Level understanding of telephony dial plan design and call routing/control protocols such as H.323, Q.SIG, E&M,
ISDN, PRI, FXO, FXS, PLAR, POTS, CAS, CSS, SIP, G.711/G.723/G.726/G.729, Caller ID, DID, etc.
- Experience with IP Telephony Call Processing (CCM; GW; GK; Dial Plan; Emergency Services) and Unified
Messaging (Unity; Octel and other)
- In depth understanding of Quality of Service (QoS) implementation in Cisco-centric enterprise-class network is
required. The level 3 specialist must be able to work with end-to-end QoS configurations on layer-2 and layer-3
devices as well as working with the WAN carriers.
- Understanding of business processes supporting IT programs, networks, and/or modern collaboration programs
- Understanding of network technologies, work flows, IT reporting, etc.
- Must be a self-starter, position is remote from the other team members.