Job Summary: This individual is responsible for a variety of .NET programming duties within the development team. The Voc Rehab Team Lead, Product Development will also oversee, mentor and be accountable for the implementation of project deliverables. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. The Programmer/Analyst VI will work closely with other team members in an Agile environment who have responsibility for prompt and timely delivery of new development, maintenance incidents, configuration tasks, setup tasks, responding to customer questions, data change requests, and other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
- Refine data and format final product.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Test and develop programming modifications.
- Write new program code using prescribed specifications.
- Evaluate complex interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users.
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Write and maintain programming documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members.
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours: Day shift. Evening and weekend hours may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Knowledge of company programming procedures and programming languages.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications. Knowledge of computer flow charts and of programming logic and codes.
- Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Expert knowledge and experience with:
- Transact SQL
- Visual SourceSafe
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and lead small Development teams.
- Proven ability to adhere to Company policies and procedures and to handle day-to-day team management items, such as approving time off requests, conducting employee reviews, and related activity.
- Prior development experience with Microsoft-based Reporting tools.
- Solid knowledge and experience with SQL Server Reporting Services and Analysis Services.
- Advanced experience utilizing SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Source Control and Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Minimum ten years of experience in an OO software development environment.
- 10 + years .NET (VB/ASP) programming experience required.