What We'll Bring:
TransUnion is looking for a Vulnerability Management Consultant to join its Vulnerability Management Team. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience with vulnerability management processes, vulnerability and policy configuration scanning and network security. Along with technical knowledge, attention to detail and follow-up are essential to succeeding in this role.
The role will provide technical expertise across the vulnerability management lifecycle including asset management, scanning, analysis and reporting. The role will advise support teams on patching and remediation efforts and provide regular updates to management.What You'll Bring:What You'll Bring:
We'd Love to See:
- 2+ years of professional experience in Information Technology, Information Security or related field
- Working knowledge of vulnerability management and security testing lifecycles, processes and procedures
- Fundamental understanding of accepted security practices, known attack vectors and vulnerability assessment methodologies
- Strong understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, TCP, UDP, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of network access and identity and access management
- Ability to identify systemic security issues based on the analysis of vulnerability and configuration data
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment requiring analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate with minimal oversight in a fast-paced and, at times, nuanced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Impact You'll Make:Impact You'll Make:
- 1+ year of professional experience in Cloud Security
- Knowledge of scripting/programming language structures and logic
- Relevant security certifications: GPEN, GWAPT, eJPT, eCPPT, OSCP, CISSP, etc.
- Conduct research on current vulnerabilities and exploits using publicly available, trusted resources and other finished vulnerability products
- Implement and utilize a combination of automated tools and manual checks to identify and validate vulnerabilities
- Effectively communicate the risks associated with identified vulnerabilities and provide recommendations to mitigate said risks
- Collaborate with various development and IT teams to help ensure designs and implementations meet specified security standards
- Identify gaps in current vulnerability management processes and recommend areas for improvement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title: