The WAN/MAN (Data Networks) Technical Lead may design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities. Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling. May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis. May evaluate new technology. Duties may include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
The WAN/MAN (Data Networks) Technical Lead shall:
Qualifications Required Education and Experience:
- Serve as a technical expert and manager for all WAN / MAN operations and maintenance;
- Advise on WAN / MAN design, architecture, and engineering;
- Maintain a thorough expertise and understanding of WAN / MAN Devices and their configurations, including but not limited to routers, switches, and firewalls;
- Advise on technology innovations, security threats, and other industry trends;
- Lead the development of technical requirements for Supplier Operating Agreements;
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the Software and Device supporting Network Monitoring Tools (NMT), and the monitoring / reporting capabilities of the NMT.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related telecommunications emerging technologies experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related telecommunications emerging technologies.
- Experience supervising projects or project teams.
- Experience in the implementation and customization of network management and performance tooling.
- Experience with Network Monitoring Tools (NMT)
- Proficient in analytical project planning, negotiating, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
My SAIC Benefits.