VariQ is seeking a WCMS Requirements Management Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The WCMS Requirements Management Specialist develop descriptions of existing processes and planned process changes including complex process flow charts and diagrams, and presentations for each release. Analyze work requests to identify functional requirements, then derive systems and software requirements in the context of system design to assist with system-level integration, architecture, development, test, evaluation, production, and sustainment efforts. Participate in projects from the beginning of the requirement and design phase to ensure the product's testability, usability, and high-quality delivery, including the preferred total customer experience. Support the development of user documentation, and test procedures
* Available: March 2019, currently in proposal stage
* Location: Rockville, MD
* Security Clearance: ability to attain IRS clearance required
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
* Support release planning activities and schedule from a requirements perspective
* Elicit, analyze, and support development and refinement of requirements (statements, user stories, applicable RPLRs) for DME workstreams
* Support review and prioritization of defect backlog for allocation to releases/sprints
* Analyze and support requirements related tasks for DME workstreams
* Facilitate or participate in requirements elicitation and validation sessions with project stakeholders
* Input user stories into JIRA repository and/or another project management tool as chosen by the stakeholders and maintain traceability
* Support sprint planning and execution from a requirements perspective
* Provide support in transitioning requirements from JIRA to Rational CLM as well as regular updates between the tools
* Refine and decompose program requirements into system, project and "build-to" requirements needed to support program development, testing, delivery, and operations activities.
* Utilize various methods for capturing and communicating requirements, as appropriate, for the program needs including use of epics, user stories, use cases and traditional "shall" statements.
* Establish, maintain, and document traceability from business needs through and between all levels and types of requirements to supporting test cases/scenarios and acceptance criteria.
* Develop a program requirements traceability report to ensure that requirements traceability is maintained at all levels.
* Revise, review and update program requirements documents.
* Support requirements tool integration.
* Continuously assess requirements to verify and maintain traceability and to ensure persistent alignment with evolving business needs, solution architecture, change requests and other dependencies.
* Build and maintain requirements engineering processes that integrates with IRS enterprise processes and tools. The processes should provide visibility into all program and project requirements, maintain requirements traceability, and facilitate the rapid identification of issues.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
* 5+ years of experience providing requirements management services in a diverse environment.
* Experience using automated requirements management tools.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong analytical and organizational skills.
* Experience with writing clear and concise requirements, design, and test-related documentation
* Knowledge of software development and systems engineering
* Ability to interact with senior-level management and clients and hold technology-related discussions with non-technical individuals
* Ability to comprehend data, draw conclusions from complex reports, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
* Experience with the following tools: JIRA, Confluence, and Microsoft Office
* Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies
* Experience with Web Application testing
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Information Technology