VariQ is seeking a Site Builder to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The WCMS Site Builder position builds high performance websites using Drupal 8.x. The job includes site building, theming, content migration, and responsive CSS coding. You'll work with WCMS developers, architects, and stakeholders to build responsive sites with exceptional UI design. In addition to client site building, the role will also be relied upon to support the current site with general technical expertise, specific projects such as integrating third party API's, the development of new features and functionality, and technical troubleshooting and maintenance of existing sites.
* Available: March 2019, currently in proposal stage
* Location: Rockville, MD
* Security Clearance:ability to attain IRS clearance required
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
* Management of Drupal modules and configuration
* The development of Drupal roles and types of access associated with them
* Support adding new categories (taxonomies)
* Reviewing and ensuring requirements are developed in concordance with Drupal best practices
* Testing (system, browser, Section 508, user acceptance, application security scanning coordination, incident management application support)
* Drupal 8 application and community modules patching
* Support application patch/security patch updates and reviews
* Develop/review procedures to track maintenance issues
* Maintain 4 sites (IRS.gov, Stayexempt.irs.gov, eitc.irs.gov and marketingexpress.irs.gov)
* Collaborate in the development of websites using Drupal platform.
* Create cross browser/platform compatible sites in a team environment with Information Architects and Designers.
* Implement and advocate for the use of standards based and semantic HTML and CSS to solve design problems.
* Use Drupal's core site building tools such as views and content types and contributed modules to build sites meet functional and technical requirements.
* Assess existing sites/systems for code quality and interactive appeal.
* Evangelize for best practices for front-end development.
* Maintaining/Updating websites
* Creating new website
* Quality assurance of own work, code testing, cross browser testing,
* 3-5 years work experience in web development
* 3+ years work experience with Drupal (preferably Drupal 8.x)
* Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
* Design and Development of website themes using responsive design techniques
* Deep HTML / CSS skills
* Ability to write clean organized code
* Experienced with Version Control (git), SASS, jQuery, PHP
* Familiarity with command line
* Experience with responsive / mobile website design
* Excellent collaboration skills and enthusiasm for the web development process
* Experience creating themes for an open source CMS such as Drupal
* Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to present technical concepts to non-technical clients
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Information Technology