Apex Systems, the Nation's Second Largest IT Staffing Firm, is currently supporting a REMOTE Java Developer role for a Fortune 500 client of ours. We are targeting Java Developers with a Microservices skillset. This is an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door with a great company and work with the latest tech products all without needing to leave your living room.
If you are interested in hearing more, please send resumes to Ryan Peck, Technical Recruiter, at and reference Job #1090685. Java Developer (Microservices) Location:
: Negotiable Based on Experience Industry
: Retail Qualifications
- Java developer with Microservices skill set
- Experience working with multiple database tools like DB2, SQL, Oracle
- Expert with designing and developing scalable microservices using open-source Java Frameworks: Spring MVC/Web Flux and Spring Boot.
- Familiar with industry standards around IT change management and development deployments
- Intermediate knowledge of the business systems and technologies within the Logistics domain
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 8 Years of Work Experience
- Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) methodologies and tools, including automated testing tools
- Experience with Integration platforms and web services. WebMethods experience is highly desired.
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with Proship a big plus.
- Exhibit the qualities of situational leadership as well as someone who can work with a team and pull the team forward to deliver business value.
- A self-starter, who can learn on the job.
- Ability to triage, research, and find root causes of Production Incidents.
- Possess basic skills of database query and data analysis
- Basic knowledge of system integration concepts.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate business functionality and opportunities into clear, precise and easy-to-read functional specifications.
- Ability to create and interpret technical specifications.
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how technology can support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals.
- Proven ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together and facilitate productive discussions.
- Flexible, ability to deal with ambiguity, and a demonstrated desire for continuous personal growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams.
- Gathers and verifies technical requirements
- Authors and audits technical design for features
- Competent in programming and debugging across multiple modules and dealing with related external dependencies
- Writes high quality code with full test coverage
- Reviews code to ensure it is functionally correct and is of high quality
- Provides story or business requirements breakdown planning and estimation, reviews and evaluates the team's estimates
- Accountable for complex stories or business requirements
- Identifies feature and module dependencies
- Proposes mitigation plans for identified risks and problems
- Suggests process improvements and best practices
- Identifies new areas that could be measured
- Able to identify, evaluate and discuss alternative technologies and techniques
- Justifies decisions and achieves peer consent
- Interacts with team members, other IT teams, business users, individual contributors, managers
- Actively shares knowledge within domain
- Able to share knowledge outside domain
- Mentors co-workers within area of expertise, improves other's productivity
- Provides guidance for the work performed by contractors
- Assesses the quality of work and effectiveness of contract resources
- Participates in development of contractor agreements, including deliverables and SLAs
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or