WMS Implementation and Support Consultant
Location: Reston, VA
Want to work for a Market Leader in Supply Chain Applications? Our client is an innovative Supply Chain Solutions company with exciting growth opportunities where you can make meaningful contributions while accelerating your own career. You will receive coaching and mentoring from thought leaders in the supply chain industry.
Company's client base spans across many industries, like: Food and Beverage, 3PL, Retail, Manufacturing, Consumer Products and more. At each client the install base can cover one or more solution modules including: Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Distributed Order Management Systems (DOM), Order Management Systems (OMS), Assembly and Kitting Management Systems (AMS), Labor Management Systems (LMS), Supply Chain Planning Systems (SCP) and more.
Our client is currently seeking talented and highly motivated experienced Engineers to join our systems implementation and support team in their Reston, VA office. Company is specifically looking for professionals with 3-5 years of WMS implementation experience and Engineering degrees in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain and Computer Science. The successful candidates will be placed on an accelerated learning and development path with in-depth training on the Softeon core WMS and other software products and then staffed on project teams where the learning curve will remain high and continue under the leadership of our Senior Implementation Engineers. The longer term objectives are to provide you the opportunity to become Subject Matter Experts and Lead Implementation Engineers of the full suite of Supply Chain Solutions offered by Softeon. If you like the excitement of working with very talented colleagues in a fast paced environment while implementing world class solutions at venerable
brand name Clients, you should seriously consider this opportunity.
Job Duties Include
* Your primary responsibility will be to very quickly master the core Softeon WMS Solution with the ability to define requirements, configure, implement and support the system.
* You will be responsible as the lead or as part of a project team for the successful implementation and support of Softeon WMS Solution. This includes:
+ Client business and process requirements analysis and documentation
+ Systems definition based on the requirements
+ Systems configuration
+ Functional responsibility for integration into host and other business and control systems onsite
+ Functional and configuration responsibility for setting up and connecting to warehouse devices (scanners, printers, sorters, etc.)
+ Go-live preparation, go-live and post go-live hyper care
* Work closely with key business partners during the entire lifecycle of the project, including client teams, Softeon on and off shore teams as well as 3rd party teams where applicable.
* Provide functional support and troubleshooting for production issues during and after implementation.
* Support testing activities during client engagements, including test setup, use case refinement, execution and troubleshooting.
* Monitor interfaces, alerts, job logs and take ownership on actions required to resolve issues or make progress on key deliverables (Project focused).
* Support patches, periodic disaster recovery activities and attend change control meetings.
* Provide feedback of implementation and support challenges to product architects and developers to improve product quality.
* Gain a working knowledge of the Softeon implementation methodology and be able to apply it on implementation projects.
* Expand your knowledge base to the portfolio of Supply Chain Planning and Execution Solutions
Requirements for this role
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Specifically, in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or Computer Sciences. Other Engineering degrees may be considered.
* The successful candidate must have:
o Strong WMS product knowledge and hands-on WMS Implementation experience. This includes exceptional product and data model knowledge. Experience collecting requirements and translating requirements into a systems definition as well as all the key steps required to implement WMS systems successfully.
o Outstanding Warehouse Management domain knowledge of (1) all processes: receiving, putaway, picking, packing, shipping, (2) other systems required to interface with, (3) EDI, flatfile, XML, (4) peripheral devices to interface with, like RF, Printers, etc. (5) labels and (6) transportation carriers
o Working knowledge of SQL and databases. This is focused around strong trouble shooting capabilities, ability to review log files and identify with high probability the root causes for issues
* A team player with excellent communication skills, both written, verbal and presentation
* A driven and resilient individual with exceptional abilities to learn fast, solve problems and take ownership
* US Citizenship or eligibility to legally work in the US is required
* Ability to travel is required.
Our client's company is a leading global provider of technology solutions in the Supply Chain domain. For over fifteen years, we have been innovating and helping our customers gain significant benefits in their supply chain, including agility and optimization for performance and results. Our client's expanding global footprint now includes offices in Europe, Latin America and India to support our growing list of global customers.
Our client's culture is guided by "relentless pursuit of customer satisfaction" and our success is determined by the value that our customers realize from our solutions.
Position offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, ST Disability and LT Disability, HRS & FSA, a Simple IRA with a company match, a flexible spending program, an onsite gym membership, free shuttle to metro site, and paid time off.
Princeton Information is one of the nation's top five privately-held IT consulting firms, in business since 1985. Princeton Information services a clientele of primarily Fortune 500 companies nationwide. With annual revenues over $120 million, Princeton Information operates across the US from multiple regional offices.
Our Commitment to Our Consultants
As a privately held company, Princeton Information is solely committed to the success of clients and consultants - not to any shareholders. PI's success is grounded in the relationships we build with our consultants. We seek the best people; provide career path counseling; as well as the most challenging opportunities in business and in IT. As part of its culture of loyalty and commitment to its consultants, Princeton Information is committed to doing all we can to ensure our consultants have the best possible search, placement and work experience possible.
Working with one Princeton Recruiter will gain you access to over 500 open requirements with the top clients in the US across all industries (finance, insurance, pharmaceutical, commercial, telecom, media, manufacturing) nationwide. Our local recruiters have in-depth knowledge of our clients and opportunities. They will work with you to find you the best possible opportunities for you and your career.
Our relationships with our clients, as well as our consultants, are critical to our success! We have a robust sales organization that ensures that Princeton has the inside track on what attributes a person needs in order to be successfully placed and engaged at our clients. We know the technical and non-technical skills that our clients are looking for and we ensure that you are educated about the client prior to your interview with them. Princeton is committed to going above and beyond to ensure that each meeting you have with a client is a successful one!