WMS Manager - Bolingbrook, IL - Full time perm $100-110K Plus 12.5% Bonus
The WMS Manager maintains and enhances the Manhattan Associates Warehouse Management System (WMS). Other applications included in the scope of support are Slotting, Labor Management Systems (LMS), Fortna WCS, and Lighting Pick. The role is responsible for configuration and oversight of releases/change requests. This includes translation of business requirements into technical design and implementation across lower environments. Often times this will require guiding corporate/DC teams through the DC request process to ensure requirements are met. As part of release responsibilities, the WMS Manager will facilitate DC change requests from concept to deployment. The WMS manager will ensure solutions are in line with change request requirements, ROI, operational efficiency, quality, and our principles.
While the primary objective is to support future state work, the WMS Manager will also be utilized as current state support as necessary. This role will interface with IT Supply Chain, SAP team, WCS Vendor, PTO/PTS Vendor, Field WMS Managers, DC Leadership, QA team, Business Intelligence, and Supply Chain Operation
• Identifying required WMS configuration and systems changes to support new processes and proposed changes to existing processes.
• Working with service providers regarding application enhancements, customization, and new releases.
• Coordinating system changes with IT and vendors.
• Participating in the definition of project scope, business requirements documents, goals, and deliverables.
• Pro-actively monitor alerts and take action accordingly.
• Maintaining change control documentation for all system updates/configuration changes.
• Serving as liaison between DC Operations, IT, and vendors.
• Developing documented implementation plan and report on project progress.
• Playing key business role in testing, roll out, and implementation of WMS enhancements.
• Troubleshooting issues and identify root causes.
• Serving as secondary corporate escalation point for all technical issues experienced in the building.
• Interfacing with various vendors to ensure project requirements are met by application enhancements/configurations.
• Collaborating with corporate WMS team, IT Supply Chain, and SAP team on a daily basis.
• Providing off-shift hours support on nights/weekends (as required).
• Functioning as one of the SMEs with regard the WMS/Slotting/LMS.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with a focus in Information Technology or Supply Chain Management.
• 1-3 years’ experience with Manhattan Associates WMS or other WMS software.
• Experience supporting technology solutions for end users.
• Strong technical aptitude and significant experience with relational databases.
• Ability to write SQL statements ranging from medium to high complexity.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Good verbal and written skills to communicate with associates and all levels of management.
• Ability to work long hours and weekends as dictated by business needs.
• Must be a self-starter and be able to successfully execute initiatives with minimal guidance and accomplish the stated goals.
• Highly developed problem solving and prioritizing skills that will be demonstrated by the successful and timely completion of assignments.
• Demonstrate ability to perform analyses and identify solutions to resolve specific business needs.
• Strong project management skills.
• Good understanding of warehousing and physical distribution concepts.