Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm) Primary Responsibilities:
- Working with stakeholders to gather, clarify, and finalize requirements to build technical proposals for larger projects
- Ensuring all specs are first agreed to with the requestor and subsequently understood by the developer(s)
- Drafting system designs and development plans to be shared with stakeholders and translated to development specifications
- Working as a technical analyst to support large projects and as a .NET developer on smaller changes
- Providing motivation, collaboration, and guidance to the development team to build according to your design.
- Building relationships with the main stakeholders: Directors, Internal Leadership Team, and External Customers to ensure that your designed system architecture meets everyone's expectations
- Creating the vision that underlies the solution and the execution of that vision into the solution
- Defining how the application will look, what the modules will be, and how they interact with each other
- Discovering how technology can be used to solve a given business problem
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years' work experience in a technical environment
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for building relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in requirements gathering and business analysis
- Beginner/intermediate .NET Web Server experience (C# or VB.NET with Web Forms or MVC)
- Microsoft SQL Server experience
- Comfortable working with leadership, setting up meetings, asking questions, and documenting
- Knowledge of Software development LifeCycle( SDLC) such as Waterfall or Agile
- Open to learning new Soft skills and Technical skills
Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Web Analyst Developer, San Diego, CA, California