Working at Covenant Eyes is about something bigger than creating and selling software; it’s about creating a movement and changing culture. At the end of the day you are contributing to saving a marriage, protecting a child’s innocence, strengthening a commitment to purity, and working to end sexual exploitation. As a company focused on restoring relationships, we take our families seriously. We believe in hard work, but we believe in balance too. Our first jobs are to our families and we know that balance is crucial.
If you’re looking to make a positive impact, you have an eye toward innovation, and are looking for an employer that offers advancement opportunities, work life balance, and a competitive benefits package that starts on day one, we would love to hear from you!
About the position
Covenant Eyes provides first class Internet accountability and Internet content filtering software. We develop custom webapps, as well as code for all major platforms - Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. The Internet is expanding at light speed, and we must keep up with it. This presents our engineers with outstanding opportunities to use their software skills to develop innovative tools for protecting families on the Internet. We need experienced developers who are committed to teamwork in an agile environment.
- You will find innovative unexpected ways to improve our web applications and software.
- You will commit yourself to professional growth, learn new technologies, and strive for excellence.
- You will advocate for changes that will increase stability for customers and promote a clean, well-written, and maintainable code base.
What We’re Looking for in a Full Stack Web Developer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience developing web applications
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles and the software development process
- A proven passion for creating applications with excellence and innovation
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines
- The majority of your time will be spent at a desk using a phone, computer and monitor, and general office equipment. You may be required to reach with hands and arms; sit; stand; talk and hear; use your hands to finger, handle, or feel.
It would be great if you had:
- Superior programming, analytical and problem-solving skills in creating object oriented, event driven, multi-threaded software
- Test-Oriented Development
- UI/UX experience a plus
Personal Characteristics that lead to a successful Career at Covenant Eyes:
- Independent: Able to grasp high level product requirements and translate these to developing or modifying running software effectively
- Strong sense of ownership: Sees projects throughout their lifecycle; from development to deployment. Personally ensures that code works correctly when deployed
- Encourages constructive criticism on his or her work
- Accountable: Should be a results-oriented team player who holds themselves accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of quality software
- Flexible and adaptable. Should be able to switch gears in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies
*** We appreciate cover letters, let us know why you'd like to work for Covenant Eyes and how your skills align with the position! ***