If interested, please send an updated, Word copy of your resume to the assigned contact, Dan, at d Web Assessment Specialist - Journeyman Job Description:
A Web Assessment Specialist will conduct formal security assessments on web-based applications. The Web Assessment Specialist will use both automated tools and manual techniques, including penetration testing tools and other hacking methods, in order to enumerate vulnerabilities in web technologies. After each assessment, the Web Assessment Specialist will prepare a formal report that highlights mission impact and ranking of each finding by severity. The Web Assessment Specialists' will also work with web site administrators after the assessments to recommend strategies to mitigate the vulnerabilities, and harden the DoDIN sites. In short, a Web Assessment Specialist is an ethical hacker that assists in finding the vulnerabilities in DoD web sites before our adversaries do. Requirements:
- Work requires in-depth knowledge of both Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, network protocols, databases, scripting languages, and some programming.
- Requires extensive knowledge of web technologies: PHP, CSS, CMS, Apache, Burp, Metasploit, etc
- keeping up with the latest vulnerabilities and versions of all these technologies, and keeping up with new technologies, products, and hacking techniques.
- While they will often run pre-determined types of tests, they also design their own tests a large portion of the time, which requires creativity and imagination, along with a superb level of technical knowledge and know-how.
- Active Top Secret plus (SCI) eligible
- Bachelors + 4-8 years of prior relevant experience
- Needs ALL certifications below:
- Cisco CCNA Security Certification
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or