Web Content Administrator - SharePoint
Washington, DC Security Clearance Requirement:
TS/SCI Travel Requirement:
This position requires CONUS/OCONUS travel for short-term deployments including austere locations.
We are recruiting for a Web Designer/Web Content Administrator to support web design, build, test, and deployment for a SharePoint site redesign. This work is in support of a DoD program for information collection and exploitation. Qualified candidates will have experience working in a fast-paced environment with a cross-functional team of network engineering leads and systems engineering leads. Responsibilities include:
- Support project deliverables, milestones, and schedule working independently and with direction of network engineering and systems engineering leads.
- Redesign SharePoint site templates within branding standards to improve the ease of use and aesthetics.
- Support system configuration for the web content management environment and configuration of functionality for content creation, management, and delivery.
- Conduct scenario-based usability testing.
- Create a 'Build Book' that identifies functional design specifications for the Intranet site including page types, layouts, web parts, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) styling, add-in functionality, etc.
- Provide documentation for Power Users and Content Maintainers
- Deliver knowledge transfer sessions for SharePoint administrators, Power Users, and Content Maintainers.
- Provide a plan for implementation that includes informational sessions for intranet users and other training and informational sessions to aid users.
- Provide consultation and guidance to the KM/IM Team during their build process.
- Support document management with managed metadata and tagging.
- Develop and implement a knowledge database to support knowledge creation and repurposing using industry and program best practices.
- Support content indexing and search capabilities.
- Support content migration activities include the definition and execution of processes for disassembling, importing and assigning properties to existing web content in order to populate the content management repository including subsequent validation of the migrated content and taxonomy for the resulting content repository.
- Create forms, polls, and small surveys.
- Document installation or configuration procedures to allow maintenance and repetition.
- Develop or document style guidelines for web site content.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline. Equivalent years of related experience or work/military experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- ITIL v3 Certification or ITIL v4 Certification.
- DoD 8570 Certfication for IAM Level II such as CAP, GSLC, CISM, CISSP (or Associate)
- 2+ years of experience in a SharePoint environment including:
- Developing and implementing knowledge and information management architecture using SharePoint.
- Developing and implementing user interfaces.
- Creating style guides.
- Providing understanding of web technologies, application and presentation layers.
- Providing training and instructional support.
- Ability to publish news stories and top stories including images, videos, and text.
- Ability to create, update, and display events and/or knowledge articles within a calendar and filter by set categories.
- Ability to store, display and search a staff directory including populating the directory from an existing source.
- Experience developing web site performance metrics.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage workload and priorities.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a cross-functional team of contractor and government personnel at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.