SAIC is seeking a Web/UI Designer to support our customer in Arnold, MO. This role will join a multi-faceted team of Systems Admins, Governance, Product Owners, UX Researchers, and Web Developers to enhance customer websites, intranet, and tools. Candidate must be comfortable working in a team and utilizing user research to guide designs. Duties may include:
Skills and Experience:
- Create designs for complex client web and mobile applications utilizing current industry programming techniques.
- Partner with internal and external teams and application users to conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences while maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
- Participate in design activities to identify new product ideas and to optimize existing products.
- Research and implement modern web technologies to create innovative user interfaces and improve workflow efficiency.
- Develop and share recommendations on industry best practices on information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of graphics, mobile optimization, responsiveness and other web best practices.
- Develop estimates on scope and duration of work required for individuals or team(s) to deliver client requirements.
- Design new user-facing products by transforming an idea from scientific presentations to websites to online productivity tools.
- Utilize the DevOps systems and tools (Git, Jenkins, etc.) to ensure compliant code and ensure best practices.
- Build efficient, reusable libraries of design information for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Identify and troubleshoot customer issues on NGA's content management system (permissions, api, web parts)
- Collaborate with UI/UX team members during design and content reviews to refine user experiences.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure best practices.
- Apply results of web usability testing (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitive walkthroughs) to development of applications and web sites.
- Demonstrated experience implementing front-end, user experience design and development.
- Demonstrated experience applying best practices for web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a web and/or CMS applications.
- Minimum 7 years' experience implementing industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical resources, and web best practices.
- Minimum 2 years' experience developing in cloud-based DevOps environment.
- Minimum 1 year experience with business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. JIRA, etc.).
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Target salary range: $135,001 - $145,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
My SAIC Benefits.