Since 1851, MassMutual's commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We're people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we're stronger. Description
At MassMutual, we're passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers. The Digital Experience team, part of MassMutual's Customer Experience organization, is comprised of collaborative, cross-functional, product centric groups who like to have fun, challenge each other, and are energized to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers. We design, build, and support all of MassMutual's customer-facing digital assets.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring Web Developers to join our team. What great looks like in this role
Our ideal Web Developer candidate is team-oriented, possesses excellent communication skills and skilled in Microsoft .NET application development. You've built .NET applications that include unit testing and code quality, and you are intimately familiar with cross browser compatibility issues. You keep current with the latest .NET framework features, and know how to deliver solid applications into production environments.
You're also team-oriented and take a collaborative approach to working others. With a flat leadership structure, the opportunity for flexibility within role, and development into other areas is a core reason most people desire to work in Digital Experience at MassMutual. Objectives of this role
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Drive toward the effective utilization of technologies, partnering with business stakeholders across the team, as well as experts in other areas including data science to achieve goals
- Build upon modern design concepts to enhance the overall customer experience for current production portals.
- Act as technical expert, working collaboratively with other teams to resolve systems integration, performance and security vulnerability issues. Recommend alternative solutions with clearly stated benefits and risks of each.
- Mentor other developers on technologies and techniques in .NET and C# application development
Skills and qualifications
- Engage in collaborative environment with agile squads across the organization to develop highly interactive digital experiences on exciting technology directives.
- Develop complex software programming applications
- Responsible for components of an application or sub-systems, such as sophisticated file management routines, large telecommunications networks, administrative and statistical software packages, performance evaluation and enhancements
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested
- Receives general supervision and is competent to work at a high level of all technical phases of software programming while working on own most of the time
- 5+ years' experience in Microsoft .NET framework and C# or VB.Net coding
- Experience with CMS frameworks
- Full-stack experience building and scaling web applications in a production environment
- Experience supporting performance testing events, including interpretation of performance metrics and resolving performance bottlenecks.
- Agile: experience working in an Agile development environment; experience with an online planning system, such as JIRA, Trello, Pivotal Tracker, etc.
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of retirement business domain a plus
- Git: expertise with workflow steps, including: branching, merging, rebasing, pull requests; working knowledge of reversion and alternative git flows
- Docker: experience building images, Dockerfile syntax, secrets, volumes, and port binding; working knowledge of docker-compose
- Experience with code quality tools including Veracode
- Experience with Sitecore preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- RDBMS skills with SQL a plus (Sybase or DB2 preferred)
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE - 500 Ranking (FORTUNE - Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual. CORE VALUES Focus on the Customer:
We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy. Act with Integrity:
We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies. Value People:
We respect and learn from each other's diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential. Work Collaboratively:
We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand. Achieve Results:
We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better - everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.