8+ years of relevant experience
Remote opportunity with candidates in the local Washington, DC Metropolitan area - maximum of 3-hour driving circumference.
ABOUT ARTEMIS CONSULTING
Artemis Consulting is a D.C. area-based IT Services and Management Consulting firm that is on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in the U.S, on the Entrepreneur 360 companies list, and one of the Virginia Chamber of Commerce’s Fantastic 50 companies. Our teams are collaborative, self-motivated, and focused on creating value for our clients. We are a growing company where you have an opportunity to learn and grow with your peers. We believe in getting the job done and having work-life balance. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including employer-subsidized health, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) matching, 10 paid Federal holidays, and paid vacation and sick leave.
JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate for this position meets the requirements of the position, is personable, and can work in a team. Excellent oral and written communications skills are a necessity, as well as:
• Work cross-functionally and collaboratively to develop an application using open source technologies
• Experience with server side technologies like Java, node.js is preferred.
• Troubleshoot issues and create code fixes for open source products
• Address defects and collaboratively work with functional and technical teams to integrate applications in cloud environment
• Work in a fast-paced, agile environment consisting of a cross-functional team designing and implementing systems from the web-based user interface front-end through the back-end
• 4 yrs Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 8+ years of Software development experience
• 8+ years of experience with full stack development, including understanding UI frameworks and back end architecture interactions
• Strong experience developing/consuming RESTful web services
• Experience with Angular 2/4/6
• Solid knowledge of Scrum, Kanban Agile development methodologies
• Excellent issue resolution skills within open source products
• Strong collaboration and communication skills
• AWS cloud based development experience
• Looking for self-motivated and fast-learners
• Solid communications skills, oral and written.
• Federal Government experience as a contractor
- Undergraduate Degree (in in computer science, engineering or related field) highly desired but can be substituted with 2 additional years of experience
- Masters Degree preferred
- Work location is DC Metro area (most likely Washington, D.C. and/or Reston, Virginia)
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (required by Federal client)
- Candidates who are not in the Washington DC area should not apply. This position is for a Federal client, and requires onsite presence.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Artemis Consulting is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, or age.
Artemis Consulting uses e-Verify to verify employment eligibility.