WEB DEVELOPER (RIAASC-20-1967-F):
Bowhead seeks a Web Developer to join our team in supporting the Army Sustainment Command G6 at the Rock Island Arsenal in Rock Island, IL. The Web Developer shall perform content management and maintenance, and will be coding in C#.NET. Qualified candidates must have experience with SQL databases.
Essential functions will include:
• Coordinating with web content developers and graphic designers to ensure that the project is technically feasible and will be expected to provide technical maintenance and advice on issues related to search engine techniques, link integrity, navigation, browsers, graphics and other web developments
• Conducting functionality and navigation testing, preparing technical documentation and providing technical support and administration of the infrastructure for implementation and maintenance for both the company and customer's web sites
• Qualified candidates must be capable of deploying quality development concepts such as static code analysis and unit testing in a cloud environment, as well as utilizing source control environments and understanding the theories justifying their use
• All work must meet all applicable Information Assurance standards, 508 compliancy rules, database design standards as well as Government RMF application STIG requirements
About this Contract: Bowhead provides Application Support to the US Army Sustainment Command at the Rock Island Arsenal, the home of U.S. Army logistics. The work our customers do in world-wide logistical support services has a direct impact on Soldiers in the U.S. and abroad.
• A BA/S is required in addition to at least two to five (2 - 5) years of experience in a Web Development environment
• Qualified candidates must have a CompTIA Security+ CE prior to starting
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level, candidates with an active Secret are highly encouraged to apply. ship is a requirement for admission to this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
#LI-EG1 UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)