Are you passionate about building amazing software?
Are you constantly pushing yourself to develop better, faster and more efficient applications?
Do you have an innate interest in releasing products that drive meaningful business results?
Do you want to make a difference?
Then CoStar is the place for you.
Forbes recently recognized CoStar as one of 100 fastest growing companies in the world as well as one of the 10 most innovative software companies in the world.
CoStar-s software developers build products that facilitate 86% of commercial real estate transactions in the United States. These transactions range from a small business owner leasing their first office space to a large multi-national building or buying a new headquarters campus. On any given day our developers are building products that manage nearly a trillion dollars of potential real estate transactions.
Everyone at CoStar is deeply committed to delivering high-performing applications that change the way our users access commercial real estate information and analytics. We are THE leading data provider to the $14 trillion commercial real estate industry. We are opening a new Research & Development Center in Richmond and searching for Senior Front End Developers who can take us to the next level.
CoStar-s Web Developers are responsible for building applications that are viewed by 30 million people on a monthly basis.
* Know: Deeply understand what drives the business for which you are building software. We firmly believe that what separates a good developer from a great one is a deep understanding of the business that they are supporting.
* Architect: Use your experience to drive the design of highly performant and highly available products.
* Build: Applications that provide user experiences that set CoStar apart from its competitors.
* Test: Work with your QA resources to ensure that the software you deliver is of the highest quality. (Our customers are not beta testers.)
* Launch: Act as a key member of the product launch team and work closely to DevOps to resolve operational issues.
* Grow: Take an active role in mentoring other developers.
Are you up for the challenge?
Skills & Qualifications
* Bachelor-s degree
* Ability to develop backend services that scale to meet CoStar-s concurrency and performance requirements using C#, ASP.NET MVC, Web API, Node.js and NPM.
* Fluent knowledge of browser/device differences and the ability to deliver seamless responsive experiences
* Design and develop using appropriate software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability
* Write effective unit tests and integration tests to ensure high quality software delivery, sprint after sprint. Leverage automation testing methods to increase test coverage and build confidence in CoStar-s continuous delivery pipeline.
* Facilitate discussions among other developers to exchange ideas and introduce new technologies
* Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen CoStar-s technology platform and development practices.
* Willingness to take an active role in mentoring other developers
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing