Specific duties include but are not limited to:
* Leads/contributes on programming projects from requirements definition through implementation and support, following steps outlined in the Agile Scrum or other designated development methodology.
* Works with Business and other stakeholders in eliciting project scope and software requirements and create functional and non-functional requirements and specifications document. Interacts closely with the user community/key stakeholders to define requirements, translate requirements into technical specifications/design, and conducts design reviews with both user and technical personnel.
* Builds and maintains custom web (front-end and back-end) applications.
* Builds and maintains the firms Computer Society main site and Ecommerce site
* Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system
* Assists project manager or fills role of project manager as needed, in cost estimates and development of project plans including time/cost estimates and deliverable dates, analysis, and testing
* Performs programming and testing tasks in the role of individual contributor on an as required basis.
* Provides guidance and direction for project team, ensuring that programming standards are met, deliverable dates kept, and that all steps of the designated development methodology are followed.
* Maintains high quality of deliverables by conducting unit testing, integration/system testing, regression testing, production implementation shakeout, and post production support
* Facilitates stakeholder review sessions of requirements, prototypes, design artifacts
* Conducts code review and peer review sessions
* Participates in the evaluation of new software packages, techniques and development tools providing recommendations to management
* Maintains an awareness of new hardware/software developments, and recommends their use in systems development at the firm. Stay up to date on emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activitiesRequired Skills:
* Expertise in WordPress CMS and custom PHP Development. Experience in building a high-traffic Ecommerce website for an enterprise using WordPress as a CMS platform with focus on high availability, response time, and performance. Also using WordPress CMS as a backend system using WP REST API.
* Experience in implementing and integrating with Ecommerce packages/software. For example WooCommerce and WooCommerce API
o Webservices. For example: SOAP and REST API
o Modern databases. For example:- Mongodb, DynamoDB, MySQL etc.
o Knowledge of PHP, LDAP, and Single Sign On is preferred
o Knowledge of AWS and Linux OS system administration experience is required.
* Command of MEAN/MERN stack (MongoDb, Express, AngularJS/React, and NodeJS) is required.
* Experience in setting up user authentication using standard authentication services
* Experience with security issues with WordPress and how to address them
* Strong knowledge of UX and Responsive design
* Integrating WordPress website with other internal or external services and applications.
* Experience with implementing applications on AWS platform or other hosting site for example: Wp-engine