The Creative Group has an exciting opportunity for a Web Developer who is passionate about creating dynamic projects for the web. If you are a talented, creative coder with an understanding of enterprise systems, then we have the position for you. The full-time Web Developer will work in Houston, Texas.
What you get to do every single day
- Manage and code solutions with creative approaches to problem solving
- Collaborate with leaders and others to determine fitting solutions
- Work through complex business processes and create simple solutions integrating best of breed tools
- Identify business needs and create resolutions that match the company goals
- Collaborate with key partners to deliver on time tested and reusable code in a rapidly changing environment Requirements
- Able to iterate quickly turning mockups into HTML and CSS
- BA/BS degree required
- 3+ years experience with both front-end and back-end technologies including: Ruby on Rails in a B2B or B2C web production environment
- Minimum of 3 years experience of crafting high quality solutions
- Comprehension of graphical user interfaces
- Practical knowledge of web page logic flow
- Well-founded grasp of web page creation software
- Command of HTML
- Experience with WordPress
- Quality experience with web site development
- General familiarity with web page development
- Foundational knowledge in responsive design
- Wide ranging experience with Webtrends
- Earlier work involving Google Web Toolkit
- Skills in user story and story creation
- PHP experience
- Proven knowledge of web optimization
- CSS experience
- Previous experience working with JSON
- Web design experience highly desired
- Strong knowledge of compatibility and cross-browser issues
- Hands-on experience with one of the following server-side languages: RoR or PHP
- Demonstrated talent for creating end-to-end solutions that create positive user experiences and happy customer
- Record of caring for the technical needs of sites, apps and integrations with high volume traffic
- Deep understanding of how a mobile user experience differs from the experience on a web or other application
At TCG, we're committed to you from the moment you sign up. We won't make you work a certain number of hours or fill out piles of paperwork before we commit to you and your professional future. We believe it's important to spend time with you from the beginning in order to assess your skills, determine your strengths and figure out the type of work you want to do. Our trained staffing professionals understand that you have a real passion for your work and do their best to find opportunities that are the best fit for you. And we don't stop there. We're also available to help with your career questions, provide tips on improving your portfolio and acing interviews, and more. Plus, as one of our registered candidates, you'll have access to thousands of online training courses and books - and of course, everything is free and available when you need it.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888.490.5565 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 The Creative Group. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.