Everest Global Services, a member of Everest Re Group, Ltd, has an opportunity available for a Junior Web Programmer on Insurance Applications in their headquarters in Liberty Corner, New Jersey.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Junior Web Programmer is responsible for designing and developing the engine that goes into developing web-based and client/server applications by primarily writing code. The programmer partners with software developers and business liaisons to understand the elicited software requirements to ensure that the operations of the application are created and maintained in a consistent, logical, error-free, and optimal manner.
* Develops technical workflows using different modeling techniques including UML.
* Develops and maintains new and existing web-based and client/server applications by writing code.
* Works with database administrators to design relational databases.
* Writes system test scripts and fixes software defects when required.
* Builds coding standards to ensure consistency across applications.
* Creates custom ad-hoc reports.
Work Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related field.
* Able to write software code in both web and client/server environments using the following:
* Software Languages: Java, .Net, C, C++, HTML, XML, SQL, VBA
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
Server Types: UNIX, Windows Server
Relational Databases: MS Access, SQL Server, Oracle
* Must be detail oriented and logical
* Ability to learn new technical concepts and software languages
* Strong verbal communication skills
* Is an independent worker and proactively seeks to innovate
* Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Comfortable with agile and iterative methodologies
Everest is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals in the industry. We offer a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package, which includes a 401k plan, retirement/savings option, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life and group legal plans.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.