Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities
MSC is searching for an on-site Web/Technical Project Manager for an enterprise IT service support contract within NIH. This position will be located in Rockville, MD
The Web/Technical Project Manager shall provide technical project management support for administration, development and operations for all websites and application hosted production, staging and development environment including the support for servers in public SharePoint sites and internal collaboration site. The Project Manager will provide services in managing development resources to support and maintain all existing sites, applications and developed code, including analysis, design and implementation of website, documentation of the requirements and design, requirement gathering and analysis, end-user training and evaluation of workflow and re-engineering.
Skills & Responsibilities
* Provide technical support for Web application and Web environment administration and management to ensure maxim performance and uptime.
* Manage the Web environment architecture, modifications, and deployments.
* Manage site metrics tools and provide Web analytics data reports to Project officer and/or web team partners.
* Provide strategic planning for Web architecture to address growth, business needs and compliance issues.
* Ensure security of Web environment by performing necessary software and hardware patches and updates.
* Perform upgrades to next generation software and hardware which includes, but is not limited to planning, documentation, designing and executing the migration of the web sites from Microsoft SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016 or another technology.
* Perform requirements gathering and business analysis tasks and will be responsible for managing the migration requirements from all stake holders.
* Be a liaison to the content development staff to define, design and implement content management best practices.
* Help team to implement and execute quality assurance of migration tasks and deliverables, including managing source code for migration/development activities.
* Provide support for activities related to providing demonstration and training to business users for web sites on new site features and products.
* Provide detailed technical documentation for all work performed including customization and configuration setting for the software components.
* Bachelor degree in computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or other related discipline is required.
* Minimum of five years of experience, of which at least two years must be specialized. Specialized experience includes; Web Support, Applications, and SharePoint Development Support
* Extensive knowledge of SDLC and practical experience applying different methodologies including Agile.
* Experience in developing and de-conflicting project schedule using MS Project and manage resource allocation.
* Web development/support experience.
* Microsoft Office, SharePoint, MS Project or similar software.
* Effective verbal and written communications.
* Master degree is preferred.
* PMI-PMP, Agile, Scrum certifications preferred.
* NIH or HHS related experience preferred.
* Experience with BI/analytics solutions, Crystal Reports.
* Experience with content management solutions, data warehouses, .Net, PowerBuilder, SQL, ETL.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Department: Information Technology