US Web Protection/CASB Engineer (Remote/Virtual) Location:
Anywhere in the US
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation. Work you'll do
We are seeking a Web Protection/CASB Security Engineer with a specialization in Cloud Web Content Filtering, Malware Detection and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) technologies to join the US Cyber Security Data Protection team. The candidate will be required to hit the ground running in providing Tier 2 technical engineering and troubleshooting support to Deloitte Employees for Web Protection Service consisting of Cloud Web Proxy and CASB solution. The role requires web protection and cloud data security industry knowledge, and collaboration skills to work with Deloitte Practitioners, Business Information Security Officers, IT Infrastructure Teams, Office of Confidentiality and Privacy etc. in a cross functional environment. As part of an Internal Cyber Security Data Protection Team, individual will specialize in helping the Cloud Web Proxy and CASB team drive efficiency, security, and reliability into their entire implementation to operations lifecycle. Responsibilities:
As part of the US Data Protection team, this professional will have the following core responsibilities:
- Oversee packaging, deployment and maintenance of the Cloud Web Security and CASB software agent on Laptops and Desktops
- Provide technical engineering and troubleshooting support to Deloitte Practitioners for Web Protection Service consisting of Cloud Web Content Filtering, Malware Detection and CASB products.
- Serve as the Tier 2 technical interface to Deloitte Practitioners for Web Protection service and troubleshoot/solve technical end user issues.
- Perform data collection, testing and validation of issues and user experiences as necessary
- Work with the Call Center to equip them with all necessary information so that they can adequately provide Tier 1 support to Deloitte Practitioners for Web Protection Service.
- Provide input, business justification, and seek leadership approval to exception and policy requests.
- Facilitate stakeholder communications and change management activities.
- Proactively identify cloud and web security risk information and take appropriate corrective action (e.g. introduce new cloud proxy or data exfiltration policies)Participate in working group and user group interactions and provide Web Protection service and security feedback
- Develop frequently asked questions, service and process documentation, knowledgebase articles in order to readily provide Deloitte Practitioners with guidance about the service.
- Investigate and close security alerts that are passed from Global SOC team.
- Support Incident Response team's incident investigation and remediation efforts.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence. The ~3,000 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Cyber Security
- Technology Support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Relationship Management
- Strategy & Communications
- Project Management
Cyber Security vigilantly protects Deloitte and client data. The team leads a strategic cyber risk program that adapts to a rapidly changing threat landscape, changes in business strategies, risks, and vulnerabilities. Using situational awareness, threat intelligence, and building a security culture across the organization, the team helps to protect the Deloitte brand.
Areas of focus include:
- Risk & Compliance
- Identity & Access Management
- Data Protection
- Cyber Design
- Incident Response
- Security Architecture
- Business Partnership
US Cyber Security Data Protection Team
The Deloitte US Cybersecurity Data Protection Team is responsible for securing and protecting confidential data of Deloitte US Member Firm. The primary mission of the team is to implement and enhance the Cybersecurity controls to protect data for its US Employees and the Clients they serve. Qualifications:
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant Cyber Security experience in an enterprise environment
- Experience and hands on knowledge with Web Proxy solution (i.e. ZScaler, Forcepoint Cloud Security, Symantec WSS, Cisco Web Security Appliance etc.)Experience and hands-on knowledge with CASB tools (i.e. McAfee Sky High, Symantec CloudSOC, Netskope etc.).
- Familiarity with common incident management/ticketing systems (i.e., ServiceNow, RemedyForce etc.).
- Knowledge of data protection practices and their practical implementations
- Knowledge of web malware, it's propagation and mitigation strategies
- Able to facilitate basic IT support practices and be a steward of Cloud Web Proxy and CASB technical support processes and documentation.
- Able to serve as the technical point of escalation for Cloud Web Proxy and CASB solutions.
- Good understanding of security standards, regulations and compliance requirements such as ISO, NIST, Common Criteria, PCI, HIPAA, GDPR etc.
- Bachelor's in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills are a must
- Ability to write technical reports and communicate technical content to business users
- Great troubleshooting and problem analysis skills
- Self-motivated with a strong willingness to learn and grow with changing cloud technologies and a fast-paced business environment
- Strong understanding of security controls in public cloud environments (i.e. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform) and SaaS services hardening.
- Understanding of information security frameworks, incident management/response, security operations, and application security best practices.
- Support infrequent after hours and weekend escalations as needed
- Competency with Microsoft Windows and MacOS Operating Systems
- Strong relationship, team building and facilitation skills
- Knowledge and experience of Information Security Risk and Security governance
How you'll grow
- Certifications a plus (not required): Security+, Network+, CEH, CISSP, CISA etc.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.