Mindbank Consulting Group currently has an urgent and immediate need for a Web Software Developer .
Web Software Developer Responsibilities:
• Work with a team of web developers, designers, web content administrators, and project/program managers to facilitate the ongoing design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance and administration of the Antitrust Division’s intranet and Internet websites.
• Responsible for web application development, database design, system integration, version control, and web infrastructure maintenance in compliance with government policies, standards, and best practices.
• Assist in the design, development, installation, and configuration of a new Drupal instance (Prod, Dev/Test, and COOP/DR) to replace the current Antitrust Division intranet website.
• Research, identify, and recommend Drupal third-party modules.
• Install and integrate Drupal modules, templates, custom themes, nodes, URLs, permissions, and other setup and infrastructure administration tasks.
• Design, code, and integrate custom workflow with Drupal.
• Provide guidance on how Drupal is setup, configured, and administered.
• Train and tutor web support staff as necessary to establish proficiency in the use of Drupal systems.
• Assist in the analysis, planning/architecture, design, and development of all web support applications.
• Function as Principal or Subject Matter Expert level technical resource, work with minimal supervision, and guarantee the technical delivery of all assigned projects and tasks.
• Write code that is functional, optimally efficient, and standards-compliant.
• Prepare and maintain all necessary technical documentation including: user requirements, process / configuration / change management, user guides and manuals, infrastructure diagrams, resource spreadsheets, development efforts, and other documentation as requested.
• Prepare project plans, task summaries, support tickets, change requests, regular and ad hoc status reports, technical resource and other documentation as requested.
• Effectively communicate orally and in writing when presenting ideas and recommendations to a wide range of audiences, including technical and non-technical, junior and senior staff.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of:
o Website search systems, and prepare usage reports as requested
o Website analytics, and prepare usage reports as requested
o Accessibility testing tools, and prepare compliance reports as requested
o COTS and custom designed website utility tools including those that identify broken links and orphan files; prepare reports as requested; and assist in the resolution of identified issues
o Custom scripts, “cron” jobs, and other application development tools
o Media systems including the creation, editing, and publication of multimedia
• Perform all application development and technical support tasks in compliance with Section 508 / 504, WCA 2.0, W3C, federal government and industry best practice standards.
Web Software Developer Requirements:
Work Schedule Requirements:
• Work schedule is between the hours of 7:30 am and 7:30 pm; have a flexible schedule, willing to work early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays, when necessary.
• Occasionally requested to work additional hours (more than 40/week).
• Experience building large Drupal CMS sites “from scratch” utilizing the LAMP Stack (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP).
• Experience using Java, Servlet, JSP and PHP.
• Experience with all aspects of Drupal development.
• Experience researching, identifying, and recommending Drupal themes, site building, and best practices, consistent with user requirements.
• Experience building custom themes and sub-themes for Drupal.
• Experience with Web application development in Java, PHP, and .NET.
• Experience with database modeling, design and stored procedures using MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, or Oracle.
• Installation, configuration, maintenance and administration of Linux and Windows servers.
• Ability to work proficiently in Linux and Windows environments.
• Familiarity with software development tools such as Jira, GIT, Team Foundation Server, Remedy, or Service Now.
• Experience with web search engines, analytics tools, multimedia support, and general website and application utilities.
• Communication skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills: Strong interpersonal skills including demonstrated abilities to collaborate with technical, professional, senior management, and administrative/support staff; and function well in a “team” environment.
• Organization skills: Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
• Demonstrated good process and documentation practices, consistent with industry best practices, to efficiently deliver solutions that meet customer needs.
• Other abilities:
o Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
o Adobe Acrobat Professional (DC)
o HTML and PHP editors: Dreamweaver
o Demonstrated ability to work within deadlines while balancing multiple projects and tasks
o Strong attention to detail
o Fast learner who takes the initiative in solving problems
• Knowledge of Section 508 / 504 and WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and compliance relating to websites and web applications.
Demonstrated skills or experience in the following areas is preferred (but not required):
• Experience working for a federal government agency or law firm.
• DHS Trusted Tester certification and/or training.
• Data base technologies: Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, JSP, ASP
• Leverage Agile, Rapid Prototyping, and SEI CMMI
• Computer skills: Word Processors: WordPerfect, Scanning and OCR technologies: ABBYY FineReader, Web and design applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Fireworks, Bridge, Multimedia applications: Adobe Premiere Pro, Sorensen Squeeze
o CommonLook PDF and Office
o Level Access AMP
o ANDI (Accessible Name & Description Inspector)
o WebAIM WAVE
o Dragon Naturally Speaking
• Integrated Development Environments and Tools:
o iText PDF or similar
o Zend Studio
o Java Spring/Struts framework
o Symfony/Zend/CodeIgniter/Yii framework
o Microsoft Visual Studio
o Altova Mission Kit
o LIME Parser generator for PHP
o Mobile development experience (iOS, Android)
• Other abilities:
o Write web services deployed to a Java Web application server
o UML - Object oriented design and modeling
o JIRA, GIT, Bitbucket
o PHP Storm
o REL Web Link Validator
o Search Engines: Google, Bing, SearchBlox
o Broken Link Analysis: REL Web Link Validator
o Oracle Database – Application Integration
o Analytics: Adobe Analytics (Insight), Google Analytics, Urchin, or WebTrends
o Adobe Creative Cloud (Product Suite)
****Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.s and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.****
Why work for Mindbank?
Mindbank has been providing business solutions to Fortune 1000 companies and government
agencies for over three decades. We provide IT Services Supplemental Staffing,
Specialized/On-Demand Recruiting, Supplemental Human Resources Services, Vendor Management
Solutions, and Outplacement Services.
Our nationwide presence offers consultants many interesting assignments locally and around
the country. As a Mindbank consultant, you have choices. You advise us for which companies
you are most interested in working. We never submit your resume to any company without your
prior permission. You determine if you want a full-time or a part-time position, or if you
would like to take time off between assignments. We want our relationship with you to last;
therefore we listen carefully to your preferences and work hard to match you with the perfect
We also offer:
• Competitive Compensation
• Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
• 401K Plan
• Education Reimbursement
• Employment Options
• Market Strength – Quality Reputation
• Our Commitment to our employees and clients
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to: Megan.Perrault@Mindbank.com or call me
Mindbank Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
gender identity, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, among other things,
or status as a qualified individual with a disability.