We are looking for a strong Java developer to work in a growing data science team creating services to provide a 360 degree view of a customer. This is a contract-to-hire position with a conversion at 3-6 months. Please make sure to specify your desired salary range in your application, as this particular team will not interview without being given one.
As part of this team you will be designing, populating, and consuming customer data stores in our data lake and exposing that data through a GraphQL API. As a senior developer you will have the opportunity to mentor more junior associates and help grow our team.
We take the software engineering craft to heart: extensive unit testing, peer reviews, formal coding guidelines with the latest code quality tooling, continuous integration/deployment and a supportive, delivery-focused atmosphere are just some of the characteristics of our work environment.
Working hours are typically limited to 40/week.
• MUST HAVE 8+ years of experience working in a Java enterprise environment
• MUST HAVE experience working on high volume systems
• MUST HAVE at least 3 years of experience working with Spring Web Services
• Experience with Spring Boot is HIGHLY DESIRED
• Experience with GraphQL is HIGHLY DESIRED
• Experience configuring and using Gradle and/or Maven
• Experience with Git
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is HIGHLY DESIRED
• Experience with Hive and/or Hbase
• Experience with Spark 2.x
• Experience with Kafka or other similar large-scale messaging technologies
• Knowledge and understanding of SDLC and Agile/Scrum procedures, CI/CD and Automation
• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree is required
For consideration, please submit your resume as a MS Word attachment to email@example.com
"Combining Talent with Technology"
4922 Fairmont Ave Bethesda, MD, 20814