DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world's first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company's unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram . About the Opportunity
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a WebSphere Application Server System Programmer
t o support our client in D.C.
The z/OS WebSphere Application System Programmer is responsible WebSphere Application Server for z/OS. Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications Min. Citizenship Status Required:
- Installing IBM's WebSphere Application Server (WAS) software and is responsible for customization of the software both on IBM's z/OS and zLinux configurations.
- Installing, implementing, and maintaining Java/J2EE application under WebSphere Application Server.
- Implementing security management and auditing with RACF for z/OS and RACF/VM.
- Implementing WAS authentication and authorization capabilities to secure administrative functions and applications.
- Implementing, maintaining, and working with WAS stand-alone environment along with WAS cells, nodes, and servers.
- Implementing, maintaining, and working daily with WAS Network Deployment (ND) to provide clustering, high availability, and Advanced management features for distributed configurations.
- Customizing and maintaining WAS consisting of multiple application servers maintained from a central administration point as well as cluster application servers for workload distribution.
- Using the deployment manager for central administration to manage a cell consisting of multiple nodes and node groups in a distributed server configuration.
- Implementing WAS high availability manager service to eliminate single points of failure in any of the application servers.
- Customizing WAS Server Plug-in to direct requests to the appropriate application server and performing workload balancing and fail-over among servers in a cluster.
- Using job manager daily to provide management capabilities for multiple stand-alone application servers, administrative agents and deployment managers.
- Customizing WAS profiles to support runtime environments.
- Supporting WebSphere Application Server tools and development environments along with aiding application deployments and developers.
- Implementing an automated build process to provide a simple and convenient method for developers to accomplish builds for development, test, and production environments.
- Providing guidance and assisting the application developer areas in planning for serviceability and problem determination processes.
- Planning and executing recovery of WebSphere Application Server system software and applications during a Disaster Recovery.
None Physical Requirement(s):
No Physical requirement needed for this position. Location: Washington, D.C Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help meet various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development - Annual performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability. DMI maintains a drug-free workplace.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. ====ship may be required for some positions.