TransAmerica has a short-term Tele-commute opportunity for a consultant experienced as a WebSphere Portal (Version 9) Administrator. Work can be done remotely.
- Develop, test, debug, install, deploy and administer WebSphere Portal software
- Troubleshoot system issues and work with client resources for resolution
- Troubleshoot of WAS environment and applications include analyzing JVM logs, Trace Logs, FFDC, native logs, java core, heap dumps.
- Migrate WebSphere Portal between environments.
- Configure WebSphere security using AD user registry.
- Installation and configuration of IIS & WebSphere plugins
- Working knowledge on continuous build and deployment tool is required.
- Provide technical advice and guidance for WebSphere Portal developers and WebSphere Portal Administrators
Required Skill set:
- Strong IBM WebSphere Portal version 9 administration skills
- Experience with One Migration/Upgrade of WebSphere Portal
- Experience with IBM Portal APIs
- 4+ years of experience with WebSphere Portal
- Strong knowledge of GIT / SVN is required.
- Familiarity with systems/process integration, web services architecture, network architecture, and network security
- Must have a solid background and deep knowledge in Java, as well as familiar technologies, including: Spring Framework (including Spring Boot), Hibernate, RESTful API Development, Eclipse, Automated build tools.
- Experience with JS Toolkits, DOJO, JQuery
- Must have strong knowledge on ANT, Ansible, JACL, WSADMIN and Python scripting
- Strong understanding of different operating systems like Linux, Windows, AIX and Solaris
- Understand end to end web application design which involves firewall, DNS, and load balancer.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with AWS Environment is a plus
- Working knowledge with complete SDLC, Development, Test, QA, and Production is a plus.
Required Education: A Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or other related discipline.
Hiring Process: One-phone interview.