Completes activities related to larger and/or more complex installations, configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Ensures system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and partners. Provides training to less experience staff.
- Respond to and resolve to help desk escalations of a complex nature.
- Create trending information of system issues and work with partner teams to clarify variables to support efforts to address identified issues from the analysis.
- Create and document procedures for work order and request-based tasks.
- Respond to and resolve identified technical incidents requiring expert problem-solving based on knowledge of system and adjoining systems.
- Use advanced diagnostic tools to troubleshoot issues.
- Complete systems maintenance activities following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), such as patching, health checks, operating system updates, validating changes and maintaining operational and configuration standards. Research options when anomalies occur and choose best course of action.
- Schedule maintenance changes to reduce operational risk.
- Participate in project work in cross-functional teams; lead technical team within a project and provide input to design efforts.
- Provide training to less experienced staff.
- Complete evening responsibilities as scheduled.
- Initiate, create and document procedures for maintenance tasks and other needs to serve as a reference source.
- Use tools to help automate processes and make systems more efficient, manageable, available, and secure.
- Provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues; resolve problems within established practices.
- Participate in and support capacity planning and development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with Engineering and Architecture departments.
- Understand and adhere to the Company s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Minimum of 8 years higher education and/or work experience
Prior experience reading and digesting technical information
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Prior experience interpreting and/or discussing terminology or concepts not familiar to many people with others
Strong customer focus, including ability to manage customer needs and multiple work priorities
Prior project management experience
Education and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor s degree in technology-related field
Certifications or special training in related technologies
Prior experience leading technical teams toward a common goal or project within a larger project
Wilmington, Delaware, United States of America