• Candidate applies advanced-level technical skills to support large business systems and resolves problems.
• Designs, analyzes, develops, implements and supports new application environment to meet the organization’s goals.
• Candidate should be able to assist in planning, organizing and executing tasks within large and complex projects.
• Provides advanced Windows, IIS and application wrapper administration technical expertise to large and/or complex business system consultations and problem resolution.
• Performs functions to design, analyze and implement new systems and modify existing applications to meet the goals of the organization.
• Provide support for developers and development efforts related to Windows, IIS and Application Wrappers as well as other web based platforms.
• Coordinate major installations, updates, maintains and monitors the operation of the major systems, which may include: COTS installation and maintenance, application infrastructure support, change/problem management.
• Responsible for change management through Remedy change management system.
• Responsible for analyzing, evaluating and implementing new application systems.
• This includes equipment and software, configuration and deployment.
• Maintains procedures/documentation for supported automation products.
• Responsible for application of policies related to data access and permission management.
• Responsible for application performance and optimization efforts focused around Websphere and Windows Servers.
• Provides strong problem analysis and problem resolution skills from a COTS application and database perspective, with proven ability to recognize and execute process improvements.
• Serve as liaison to user departments to implement information programs/systems, ascertain needs and acceptance, and to resolve problem situations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidate qualifications should include:
• Demonstrated advanced on-the-job experience building and supporting Windows 2008/2012 application environments using ISS and application wrappers within the last 4 years.
• Demonstrated advanced on-the-job experience supporting COTS packages running in a Window and IIS environment within the last 4 years.
• Background supporting Bomgar, KSpaces, or MIR3 is a plus.
• Strong troubleshooting skills related to environment configuration and performance tuning.
• Experience with transitioning from SSL Certificate management to TLS is a plus.
• Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and/or work related experience. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills. Strong multi-tasking, analytical, and communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to end-users and non-technical staff.
• Able to work well with clients and individually as well as in a high collaborative team. Provide strong written and verbal skills.