Infrastructure Systems Engineer Los Angeles, CA Basking Ridge, NJ Richardson, TX 12 Months plus possible extension or perm
My client is building a next-gen Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) so that they can provide faster, more reliable solutions at greater scale.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Infrastructure Engineer with a strong background in Linux and Windows system administration.
This individual will have a good understanding of:
• server administration from system building to deployment
• basic knowledge of Networking & Online video will help them hit the ground running.
• Engineer and administer Windows and Linux systems in both hardware and cloud environments.
• Work with both internal and external customers on related projects.
• Provide support relating to customer incidents, and security issues.
• Diagnose performance issues by analyzing data with commercial and in-house tools.
• Write, review and maintain related code and documentation.
• Be part of the on-call rotation.
• Work as part of the team to solve unique customer business integrations.
• Play a key role in the QA and deployment effort of new applications or streaming content.
• Expert level experience in Windows (Windows Server 16 or later) and Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 or later preferred) system engineering and administration.
• Experience with setup and configuration of at least one monitoring tool (i.e. Zabbix, CollectD, Nagios, Cacti, etc...)
• Candidates should possess a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience.
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills. Excellent reporting/presenting both upwards and across teams.
• Excellent decision-making, team organization and administration.
Nice to Have:
• Proficiency in infrastructure as a code & automation using Python, Unix Shell and other programming languages.
• Experience engineering solutions in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Openstack, Docker & Kubernetes.
• Extensive experience with Infrastructure as a Code.
• Experience in configuring and managing SaltStack.
• Deep understanding in Over The Top (OTT) video encoding.
• Network engineering / administration experience.
No Sub-Contract, Third Parties or Corp to Corp arrangements! W2 only!
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship will be considered. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Send resume to Jobs@staffinghq.com
Follow us on LinkedIn for job updates. https://www.linkedin.com/company/staffing-headquarters