Software Development Engineer - Financial ServicesLocation
: Trenton, NJEmployment type
: Contract-to-hireJob Responsibilities:
Design and create new Installers and deployment framework based on requirements.
Maintain existing Installer frameworks and enhance per requirements.
Create, deploy, test, and deliver builds and installers to QA and clients.
Troubleshoot and resolve escalated installation related issues for internal and external clients
Assist our clients and internal stakeholders with deployment challenges related to networking and security concepts such as connectivity, permissions, authorizations, encryption and signing certificates, as well as cipher suites.
Apply configuration management practices to assure traceability and quality
Should be able to communicate technical concepts effectively verbally and in writingJob Related Experience:
Design and development of Installers based on requirements utilizing MSI, WMI, and InstallScript with at least 6 years of experience in this area
Knowledge on deployment methodologies and techniques related to full installations, upgrades, service packs, patches, and hotfixes
o Good understanding of windows OS'es (Windows 2012 Server or higher, Windows 10)
o Good understanding of windows registries.
o Good knowledge of IIS administration and website deployment.
o Good knowledge on windows networking principles
Expert level knowledge in continuous Integration, delivery and deployment process.
Experience with automation tools like Ant, Maven, Ansible for software build and deploymentAdditional Skills:
- Working knowledge of any of the latest InstallShield versions.
- Experience with the use of TFS is desirable, however a candidate familiar with other source control tools such as Perforce, ClearCase, PVCS, GitHub or comparable systems should be able to apply that knowledge
- Familiar with the use of defect tracking systems. Our chosen system is TFS Work Item Tracking; however a candidate familiar with Rational ClearQuest, BugZilla, devtrack, JIRA or comparable systems should be able to apply that knowledge.
- Experienced with scripting languages (Powershell,VbScript).
- Experienced with Ansible (automation tool) to automate the process of deploying/testing the new build in each environment, setting up a new node and configuring machines/servers.
- Created Ansible playbooks to automatically install packages from a repository, to change the configuration of remotely configured machines and to deploy new builds, and configure the Ansible playbooks with Ansible Tower.
percentage/frequency of travel - 10%, infrequentRequired Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology field preferred.